My first snake!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danieljohn96

Not so new Member
Reaction score
After months of nagging my parents I come home from school to find this lil guy! Albino Darwin Carpet !!! So excited. Any help /tips greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
No advice, starting out myself. But definitely a little cutie! Congrats

you are the luckiest dude in the world I wish I had your parents :)

Hahaha thanks guys took some doing though asked since before Christmas and only getting it now but was definitely worth the wait ! Ill upload pics of its set up shortly :)

What an awesome surprise to come home to on a Friday! :D Well worth the wait, congrats! :D:D

what kind of set up do you have, you'll need to be a bit more specific if you want useful advice.

what kind of set up do you have, you'll need to be a bit more specific if you want useful advice.
He is in a 50x20x10 plastic reptile one terrarium, with aspen snake bedding, reptile one heat mat, a small hide on the side where the mat is and the water on the other, the guy at the shop said we shouldn't need lights yet but will in the future but not in big doses,

Congrats. I love my Darwins. Only advice is treat it well and ENJOY!

Now just do the right thing by snake and parents and enjoy! Lucky bugger

Congrats! You're very lucky :) I hope you post more pics as he/she grows.

He is in a 50x20x10 plastic reptile one terrarium, with aspen snake bedding, reptile one heat mat, a small hide on the side where the mat is and the water on the other, the guy at the shop said we shouldn't need lights yet but will in the future but not in big doses,

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea, just let him settle and don't overhandle is my biggest advice. Yeah you don't really need lights when there young, especially exposing them to too much UVB/ UVA can be not good for them.

This is a fairly good care sheet that you can look at if you have any questions. http://www.specialtyserpents.com/caresheets/Carpet Pythons.pdf

Enjoy

Wowee! That's some present!

Usually if parents buy a python pet for their child, it's a children's python - So you really lucked out on this little one!

Congrats :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back