Fake Plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
Hey,
I found a few websites that sell fake plants. Just wondering if they would all be safe to use for reptiles? Would they contain anything harmful, or are they the same as the ones in reptile stores? Sorry if it's a stupid question, just wanted to make sure.

i buy fake plants all the time and some are not advertised as for reptiles and i have used them with my reptiles and never had a problem. only thing i worry about is my dragon trying to eat them as he was busted eating fake plants once so i don't use them with him any more.

Can you guys send pm me the link to the site you buy your fake plants from?

Thanks

marty

I always give mine a good soak in hot water just in case. I buy mine from a shop though where everyone's germy hands can touch them :evil:

2nd the links! Know of a few local shops that sell some good cheap fake plants but unaware of any sites..

ebay, i get lots of cheaps plants from asia and i buy some from australia but they are alot more expensive but i buy some in bulk packs a bit cheaper.

I got all of mine from Spotlight, they had a really good basic range if you are looking for budget plants (that still look great)

I buy them from the cheap shops (good for decorative vines) and homewares places. If you get ferns or similar with a plastic stalk on the end, you drill into a sandstone rock (save the sand), put in the stalk with a bunch of PVA glue, sprinkle reserved sand over the top and have a great feature for your enclosure. Costs about $5 and is very sturdy so that my big pythons don't knock it over. They frequently smash them, but then you just bend them back into shape. Works great!

Here's one I did that looks like an agapanthus not in flower.

We usually give the leaves a little pull to test for crappiness , if the leaves pull out easily we put them back on and keep looking

$2 dollar shops aren't bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back