Pink Tongue owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have one question for everyone that keeps these guys. At what age did your pink tongues tongue transition from blue to pink?
Cheers Cameron

Hahaha makes my pair strange then. Both 18 months old still with blue tongues.
Cheers Cameron

Hey guys, was just wondering are Pink tongues easy to care for and look after? what lighting do they require? do they need a lot of heating? i have an exo-terra enclosure that isn't being used and i want something to house in it that can live in it for good :)
Also what price would i be looking at to purchase one?

Cheers Caleb.

Adults are fairly easy to care for and they don't need a UVB light but in saying that a UVB would only do them good :) I have successfully housed bubs and adults without. Price can range any where from $60-$200 depending on the breeder they arnt very commonly kept so adults are hard to find but bubs are usually born around December so u should be able to find bubs early in the year :) some will eat catfood veggies and sometimes meal worms but their main diet is snails so be prepared to breed snails other wise it may cost you a lot to feed if the pink tongue is a picky eater :) hope that helps

mine are 8 months old and still have blue tongues :) but my 20 month old has a pink tongue im not excatly sure when hers changed tho.... maybe you have some late bloomers :) or they are wanna be blue tongues hahaha

oh for any one intrested ive made a facebook group for pink tongue lovers feel free to PM me for the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
002.jpg001.jpg004.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

couple of one of my mature skinks and a few pics of ones i got from gem awhile ago.

Wow they look great :) which are the ones you got off me I can't remember if you got patternless or reduced pattern?

Wow they look great :) which are the ones you got off me I can't remember if you got patternless or reduced pattern?

the last 3 are from you. the 3rd and 4th pic are the same skink. patternless at the end and the other skink wasnt out. they are only just getting active.

Ah ok awesome how different they are. Have you managed to sex them at all I'm about 95% sure my hold back is a female

Yes, that's working now snakeg56. That's an attractive thinly banded specimen.

That is an awesome looking one that you have there.
Cheers Cameron

I have 4 babies from this pair :)
e5a4e9em.jpg

Wow loving those stripes. If ur in Qld we might be able to work out a breeding deal :) :) oh great to see another patternless have you got pics of the babies Ingie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back