Electricity bill shock anyone over winter ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeeeez people most of u have got it cheap.... Hearing ya Bigguy :(

my bills average around 600-800, my hps lights drain the most electricity

Last edited:
I only dream of having power bills that small. What on earth are you guys complaining about. My bill is monthly(30days) and I just paid my latest at $1587. Normally between $1100 and $1400 a month
Surely that can't be just a 4x2 house and a two car garage you are running???

I don't heat any of my snakes over winter, never have and have never had a problem.
It saves money on food and no extra costs for electricity.

I don't heat any of my snakes over winter, never have and have never had a problem.
It saves money on food and no extra costs for electricity.
Do you handle them at all over that period or just leave them undisturbed?

BTW my last bill for a studio apartment in inner city Brisbane never got above 120 a quarter with around 60 for gas hot water.

Electricity Last winter $1750 this winter $400
Gas heater $400 Gas Bill

$400+$400 = $800 still better then $1750

I was pleasantly shocked that despite running the aircon 24/7 over what was a colder winter this year and having lizards (and heat lamps) that my electricity bill was 19% less this winter cf last winter's.

( headscratch - headscratch - headscratch ). :)

So much for the fear tactics about more expensive electricity / heating bills.

did they actually read the meter? sometimes they do a estimate and then when they read it next time, adjust the account then.

Breed mice and have them run on wheels that are hooked to generators then sell them. Simple

did they actually read the meter? sometimes they do a estimate and then when they read it next time, adjust the account then.
Sure did, I was home and mucking about in the garden when he showed up to read the meter and I wached him do the deed.

Ours is a 3 bdrm hardyplank and tile house with a timber floor. I can only guess those getting humungous power bills this winter have huge open plan 4 bdrm brick homes on concrete slabs that are NOT insulated effectively.

Sure did, I was home and mucking about in the garden when he showed up to read the meter and I wached him do the deed.

Ours is a 3 bdrm hardyplank and tile house with a timber floor. I can only guess those getting humungous power bills this winter have huge open plan 4 bdrm brick homes on concrete slabs that are NOT insulated effectively.
More like 5 bedroom, theatre room with 100" screen and HD 3D projector, under main roof alfresco for outdoor dinning, three phase power with double brick on concrete slab :)
How does anyone fit in a 3 bedroom place when they keep a room or two of reptiles?
I don't mind larger power bills as long as I have room to swing the neighbours cat.

I only dream of having power bills that small. What on earth are you guys complaining about. My bill is monthly(30days) and I just paid my latest at $1587. Normally between $1100 and $1400 a month
I'd be changing my retall supplier.

More like 5 bedroom, theatre room with 100" screen and HD 3D projector, under main roof alfresco for outdoor dinning, three phase power with double brick on concrete slab :)
How does anyone fit in a 3 bedroom place when they keep a room or two of reptiles?
I don't mind larger power bills as long as I have room to swing the neighbours cat.

Empty nesters. Kids all grown up and left home. So have 2 spare bedrooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had our first kid 12 months ago. And I already feel like I need a bigger house :)

Do you handle them at all over that period or just leave them undisturbed?

BTW my last bill for a studio apartment in inner city Brisbane never got above 120 a quarter with around 60 for gas hot water.

I leave them undisturbed.

We just had our first kid 12 months ago. And I already feel like I need a bigger house :)
Sounds like you could do with converting the bulilton garage to a reptile room, freeing the bedrooms, and then to build a new detached garage out the front of the house to house the cars.

Sounds like you could do with converting the bulilton garage to a reptile room, freeing the bedrooms, and then to build a new detached garage out the front of the house to house the cars.
Looking at a few options. A granny flat is one.... No room at the front for another garage. Have to have 4
meters or something before any building starts. But I think I'd rather build again. I built this place years ago when I was a bachelor.

Our last was $500 for the quarter, normally around $350-400. But it's the first winter I've had the two 4ft fish tanks (which have to be out on the balcony).

I'm interested to see what it is next quarter with a new fridge rather than the really old one we had.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

So I shouldnt whinge too much about my power bill???

Last month was nearly $16

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back