Spotted Python extremely active

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emann14

Reaction score
I have about a 9-10 month old Spotted Python. I was keeping her in a 10L Click-Clack with two sandstone hides and she was constantly hiding and just roaming at night. A few weeks ago I finished making her new enclosure that is 500x400x300 (below). Since she has been in there, she has become more active, particularly during the night. However she does not go into her sandstone hide anymore, but rather coils beneath the grapewood. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to this? or know why her activity has increased? Cheers

1185109_10151805338714201_502317927_n.jpg

Nice looking enclosure. Have you changed the heating? I went from heat lamp to a 7w heat mat under the shelter mine wouldnt use it and I found temps were too high in the shelter. Only a thought but they seem to go where they are most omfortable

Mine is the same I think it's the weather starting to warm up and they're on the move for food or a mate

Ok well I feed her every 5 days so shes very well fed, and still just using a heat mat sitting on about 25 degrees on hot side, i might try turn it down a few degrees and see, but yeah It has had me puzzled because she is just always moving haha

It probably is change of season but I borrowed a temp gun from work and the temp on the floor area was about 27 but inside the shelter it showed 38oC. I moved it across last night just off the mat and she has come out yet.

Ok well I feed her every 5 days so shes very well fed, and still just using a heat mat sitting on about 25 degrees on hot side, i might try turn it down a few degrees and see, but yeah It has had me puzzled because she is just always moving haha

Shouldn't the temp be higher and closer to the 32C mark? Love the enclosure btw :)

Sorry I meant 35 degrees :) I have turned it down a little to about 32-33 and looks like its working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back