Where do you feed your pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that. I stay away from Steve for at least a day after he's eaten. Crazy little so and so (meaning other s word :p )

also that they are sometimes known to regurgitate their food if they get to stressed to soon after they've eaten. eww. regurgitated rat and a crazy snake:shock:

some anyway

Trust me, once they're thicker than your arms, you don't want to get them in and out of their tank when they're hungry.

all in seprate tubs so I can clean while they eat

Depends I prefer in enclosure because its just a waste of time stuffing around with tubs. But on the plus side its good to use the tubs so then you can clean there enclosure whilst there feeding.

Do mine in their enclosure. Really they're going to be snappy around meal time either way, not worth the hassle.

I used to feed outside the enclosure, but now I feed both in their respective enclosures. Surprisingly my Bredli seems to be less snappy, but it may just be because she's a little older and more comfortable with me.

Don't know if it has become habbit or not but our 6 year old coastal will not eat anywhere else but in the enclosure, have tried feeding her on poop day whilst on the grass but she refuses, but as soon as she goes back in the enclosure she immediatly starts looking for her Rat, so short answer in the enclosure for her and in their click clacks for the spotties. :) .......................................Ron

Well I seem to be going against the trend, but I feed mine in a tub and this gives me time to clean and check out my snakes enclosure.
I know you can't really "train " a snake but my intergrade will sit and wait at the opening side of that tub and smash anything that comes through it.
But after being fed I can take the lid off and remove him from the tub and put him back into his enclosure without any dramas so far(touch wood ):D

My python - in enclosure
Daughter's corns - in enclosure
Boa - in tub due to substrate issues, plan to change when I get new enclosure.

A feed mine in their enclosures. Anyone who wants to put their hand into a hungry womas enclosure can be my guest, it's just not something I want do, and a very good way to cop a feeding response.

A feed mine in their enclosures. Anyone who wants to put their hand into a hungry womas enclosure can be my guest, it's just not something I want do, and a very good way to cop a feeding response.

I hear you, but it quite easy if you don't have the smell of rodents on you! I just put the snake into a tub, THEN get the rodents out and thaw them in water. Feed in tub, then while it's chowing down with a mouth full of rat bum I but it back or I just put the whole tub in and take it out later.
Most of the time I feed in the enclosure though. It's generally just snakes I keep together or snakes with substrate I don't want ingested that get tub fed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thaw the rodents in the heat box above the enclosure - great for stimulating a hunting response - and then feed in the enclosure.

I had my ball python feeding in a seperate container so he wouldn't assume my hand coming into his home as meal time, but then I notice to much stress, he eats perfect in his comfy home and has never strikes at me or shown any sign of my hand in there as meal time.

I have three jungles all live in the same enclosure have done for years i feed them all at once and watch them .they all snuggle together all three are differant species of jungle i feed once a week without fail and hold all 3 everynight they are so placid and so so beautiful . My darwin is in his own enclosure and can get a bit snappy from time to time but havent had him very long i will curb that ������

I have three jungles all live in the same enclosure have done for years i feed them all at once and watch them .they all snuggle together all three are differant species of jungle i feed once a week without fail and hold all 3 everynight they are so placid and so so beautiful . My darwin is in his own enclosure and can get a bit snappy from time to time but havent had him very long i will curb that ������

Monster enclosures by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back