Shedding stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately 2.30 pm on the 4th september. They all shed at exactly the same time, it's really trippy.

Would you care to elaborate? How old is your python, younger pythons seem to shed more often since they're growing still. Has your python shown any signs of looking cloudy? They tend to turn milky (especially in the eyes) and then shed a week or so later.

My pythons (mostly carpets) tend to shed every 3-5 months.

Sometime in the next 3 months.

EDIT: Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it really does depend on too many things. I've had a growing python shed after 4/5 months, and I've got adults who shed every 3... generally growing pythons, like yours, shed more often. Just keep an eye on them, if you see their eyes go milky, don't feed them until they've shed.

Last edited:
As Ramy said there is no real way to tell exactly what time a reptile will shed next until they go into it. Far to many factors to continue to accurately determine what time they will. Generally people say 3 months for growing snakes but it all depends on how fast they are growing. I have had snakes shed for me every 2-3 weeks and others take a couple of months. Its nothing to stress about, your snake will know when it is due to for a shed next and it will then shed.
Cheers Cameron

Do womas grow faster than other snakes? Mine has shed every 4 weeks fairly predictably.

My Stimmy is 8 months old, and he has shed 3 times, about 2 months apart, even during winter when he didn't eat for 3 months. He has always done it overnight, no milkyness that I have noticed, no crankiness, I just check on him mostly every second day and in the morning I find a little cloud in his cubby! I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as the temps are right, and sufficient water, your little 'un will shed when he sheds.

Generally young pythons shed more often than older pythons, this is because it is tied in to them growing usually and they grow faster when young. It also is controlled by the amount you feed them and for a python of the age that you have I would think between 4-8 weeks would be a healthy amount. There is also other factors that can increase the frequency that a snake sheds but I won't go into that just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back