Stimson Python hardly ever gets out of his hide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stimsonpython101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 6 month old Stimson python that is addicted to his hides hole how do I get him to come and say hello without taking the top of the hide?

Maybe crank up the temp a little and remember they are mostly nocturnal

He is just acting like a snake. Snakes like to be in small tight dark spaces, it makes them feel comfortable. Esspecialy since it is only 6 months old its natural instinct is to hide. When they are young everyting wants to eat them so they hide. Nothing you can do to get him to come out other than putting more hides and cover with him to make him feel more secure. Also they are nocturnal so they will not be out during the day. He is most likely cruissing around at night when you aren't looking at him.
Cheers Cameron

That's what they do... If you want something more visual get a bredli or another type of carpet python.

My stimmies are usually out early mornings and late and night (if I get up during the night, they're usually cruising around)... but I would agree- if you want something you can see all the time, go with a carpet that feels safer at heights rather than hidden.

Mine hid when they were younger, with age it will feel more comfortable being out but will still spend a large amount of time in the hide.

I rarely see my adults stimi's. Through summer they cruise around at night a lot more. But since May they have mainly been hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back