Ant breeding question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ive had my stimis in together for a few months now. I see them hook up all the time, everyday id say. I think I saw her ovulate when I started the gravid girls thread. Would it be safe to say he hasnt been up to the task this year?
If they are still at it I would assume she isnt gravid?

Should I seperate my pair and try again next year?
He seems to be searching for food at night time? Should I seperate and feed them now??

Any advice from people with experience with this would be great if you understand what im getting at?

Cheers Toby
Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Similar boat I'm in... Separated now as she lost interest ... Given her 2 small feeds and he now back feeding... My girl looks slightly bigger but I'm not holding my breath... No signs of belly up tho she just gone into shed cycle... So I got no idea... Looking for info also

Mins shed about 12 days ago. As did he 11 days ago.

He just fed. She refused.. weird cause she is a psychotic feeded.. arrg now I have no idea.. daym being a noob.

JD your girl is probably the goods if refusing.... but if mating is still going on keep introducing the male it won't hurt in any way. I only permanently remove males after no action for 3-4 weeks of putting male in and out and seeing nothing.
MR doesn't look good if the female is feeding but dont take it as gospel as some people have claimed to females feeding on small meals while gravid ? I myself have never had a female feed while gravid.

Cheers

Cheers congo. I might let them keep on keeping on until she pops or stops lol.

If she's shed but refused to eat, you may be in with a chance. Keep your eyes on her from about day 20 onwards and you mayaswell chuck in a lay box now for her (if she is gravid). I'd also remove the male, but it's your call.

I removed the male and put in a lay box. Atm im on day 16 post shed and tonight witnessed this.. quit an unusual position for her..

Heres to hoping. If so im so proud of them.
uploadfromtaptalk1378204628115.jpg

You think she looks fat??

A full body shot would certainly help ascertain whether or not she is gravid, however, looking at that pic, I would say more than likely as she appears belly up.
Good luck with her..:D:D

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back