Feeding advice needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasgilbert

Reaction score
G'day all,
I've got myself a beautiful little female Bredli and I've had her for two weeks now. She is doing really well and is having no problems feeding on pinky rats. I have continued to feed her the same as her previous owner did which is once a week every Thursday.
Next week i have a heap of family members coming out for my birthday on Saturday and they all want to see a live feeding after I posted pics on Facebook.
I know that in the wild their feeds are opertunistic, so, my questions are should I:
a) Let her wait a couple of extra days (3 days grace) so that she gets fed on the Saturday?
b) Feed her on Monday (4 days grace) and then again on Saturday (5 days grace)?
c) Not interupt her regular feeding regime?

Thanks in advance

Dougie
20130816_160400.jpg20130829_123157.jpg

In my experience with carpet pythons, it really makes little to no difference to the routine by which you feed them. If you don't want your little girl to get stage fright I would go with option a, and I highly doubt your snake would know any difference.

Wing_Nut

I'm the same - I would probably choose a and then begin feeding her every saturday, thereby changing her weekly feeding day - saturday would probably be convenient for most people.

I feed my young hatchies as soon as they have digested the previous feed which is usually on the 5 day mark but each to his own :)

She is a nice bredlii too - I like her patterns.

It may go well but in all honesty, if you've only had the snake a couple of weeks, too many people might cause a lot of stress. That's just my opinion, but if you decide to do it, I wish you the best and would also wait to do the feeding on Sat. to give the extra 3 days.

It may go well but in all honesty, if you've only had the snake a couple of weeks, too many people might cause a lot of stress. That's just my opinion, but if you decide to do it, I wish you the best and would also wait to do the feeding on Sat. to give the extra 3 days.

I agree with Days1 go with A and whilst she is your animal my opinion is be aware that she is just getting used to you, a load of people in high spirits at a party could cause her more problems than waiting 3 days for a feed.

Thanks everyone for your help. Going on the unanimous advice I will wait the few extra days. She seems to be the same as every other animal we own. When it's feeding time nothing else matters.

Mate, those pinkies look ridiculously small for a bredli of that size :lol:
If you fed it on thursday, it would have no worries smashing another one (or even 3 more) on saturday. Personally, I'd be feeding it something the size of an adult mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back