Stimmy back on the tucker

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipidee

Reaction score
Happy days! :) With the sudden burst of warmer weather here in Sydney, and with the temperatures in my enclosure being raised over the past fortnight, this afternoon my Stimmy wolfed down his first tucker since March. Almost bit my hand off in his haste to get at it! Well, my finger at least. It was the first time he'd even seemed interested in food for almost 6 months, so I gave him a try. And success!!!!

This was my first winter with a python and while I was confident he'd eat again - thanks in part to all the advice from you guys - it was still a relief to see that mouse going down his neck. Raising those temps over the past fortnight worked a treat. And the warm late winter helped too I guess.

So, for other Antaresia owners out there - especially those of you in the southern half of the country - I'd be fascinated to know if your pets are back on the tucker again after a winter fast????

It's oddly satisfying and relieving when they start up again :)

Mine have been suspiciously active the last few days in a way that says less "we are breeding mum, there will be Stimmies aplenty come Christmas" and more "a mouse might be nice right about now, we're not gravid this year. again." :(

I might try them on the weekend and see if they are, in fact keen for a feed.

It's oddly satisfying and relieving when they start up again :)

I know. Everything you know tells you it will be fine, but there's still that worry - how can it go so long without food!!!!

Yep, my big animals are feeling the change of season and back to eating, the little ones never stopped.

Cool! Any other Antaresia owners like to comment? Are your pets back on the feed again after a winter fast?

Tried my Stimmie yesterday, not interested but luckily I have a Gammon ranges carpet who is more than happy to eat leftovers!

Yea my spotty had a feed a couple of weeks ago, first feed since march, but hasn't shown any interest since. Hes in shed at the moment so that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back