Prison break snake!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

campbell72010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
One of my snakes has escaped! I'm after people's opinions on what she would have done? She had a clear passage of about 4-5 meteres outside through underneath a door.. Do you think she would be gone? Or in the room somewhere??

any advice on finding her also? Besides the heat pads and rat idea.. And flour Is out because its carpet..

Nearly breeding size and then this bloody happens!!

any advise or options are welcome thanks

With any luck she will be somewhere inside where it's warm. Mine got out once and I found her under my desk wrapped up near my power supply where it was cozy and warm.

If you think she's close pump the heat and keep the enclosure open. She may well return to the warmth on her own.

Turn the house upside down check everywhere starting from the room it's enclourse is in. That's my best advice

Most cases I have read about on here the snake has turned up still in the same room. I fortunately have not been in this situation.

When my bredli escaped he was found in the bottom of the fridge he bypassed the front door and 3 other rooms to curl in the bottom near the hot compressor

thanks for the input guys. I've turned my room upside down several times, left multiple rats out and no sign of her what so ever.. ive got an unfortunate feeling that she has escaped out side

thanks for the input guys. I've turned my room upside down several times, left multiple rats out and no sign of her what so ever.. ive got an unfortunate feeling that she has escaped out side

Don't give up hope! I was talking to a lady last week who found one of her snakes after months on the lam. All that time she thought it was gone and then found it behind a picture frame on the wall!

Don't give up hope! I was talking to a lady last week who found one of her snakes after months on the lam. All that time she thought it was gone and then found it behind a picture frame on the wall!

Thanks mate. ive stripped my room bare several times so its hard to imagine she could be anywhere else.. but i guess they are amazing creatures so never know... Her enclosure will always be open with a welcoming warm hide though

Good luck...I'm sure it wouldn't have gone far.

The funniest is telling your housemates that you're 7 foot carpet has escaped.

i think some of you need to improve your husbandry...

i think some of you need to improve your husbandry...

Too right mate.. But don't worry, after searching every possible spot i could find, improving husbandry was the first thing i did. i added a 'wire lock' to all my enclosures. mine escaped because the glass was not closed properly even though it had a lock on it...

the wire lock is a simple and effective way to make sure sliding doors are closed properly and i have bumped the thread where i saw the idea

The one time mine escaped it was because I did not realize that part of the screen was coming away from where it sealed. She pushed through during the night. The fix was a new screen and I reinforced the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back