Trouble sourcing comprehensive Darwin info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipperyWrasse

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this whole reptile scene (introduced by a friend), but I've done a bit of research and I've decided that to begin with, I want either a woma or a Darwin carpet. Now, I understand that here in QLD, womas require a recreational wildlife licence, but I'm not too sure about Darwins. Additionally, it would be a huge favour if one of you could lead me a a bunch of information regarding the care of Darwins.
Thanks in advance, and I hope to be seeing from you guys a whole heap more in the future. ;)

A quick Google will answer both of your questions and from there you can ask more specific questions over anything you're unsure of. That would be my advice anyway!

Darwin Carpets are basically typical carpets - for indoor keeping, the same husbandry parameters as any of the others, coastals, MDs, SWs etc. No special care requirements beyond the usual.

Jamie

The search function on this site is great :) alternatively, most reptile related searches on google bring up this forum anyway.

Happy researching :) if you get stuck or confused with conflicting info don't be afraid to ask, but as for general husbandry I think most things have been covered in previous threads.

Also, I'm biased but womas are just absolutely fantastic :) I'm only new to reptiles also and a woma was my first; I initially wanted a jungle but started with a much friendlier woma :) now I have learnt a bit more and have a jungle also.

Edit: Yes you need a license to own a Darwin as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back