White spot/patch on python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapped

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My adult MD shed 5 days ago, it came off in two halfs as he was rubbing himself along his branch, it seemed to have all come off, but 3 days ago, I noticed this white mark/spot on him. (he is notorious for wrapping around the light cages and falling off in the middle of the night)

It doesn't feel any different to his scales, not lumpy or anything, could it be from a fall or could it be some retained shed? His lights have cages around them, and there isnt anything sharp in his enclosure.IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3217.JPGIMG_3220.JPGIMG_3218-001.jpgIMG_3218-001.jpg

Last edited:
hey there,

ive also noticed the same with one of my older MDs she has a few of them now but dont seem to be any sort of scarring or damage!
heres me hoping they get bigger and the whole snake turns white! :twisted:

It's very hard to tell, as the area in question is out-of-focus in all of the photos you've provided. Can you take more pics that are in-focus and post them up?

I took them with my phone and he was moving all the time, I'll get some better ones tomorrow with my camera, hopefully he will hold still. :D

OK. I'll give you an opinion then, as I've seen white patches on Morelia spilota before.

iv seen this before, there was a thread not to long ago :) dont worry your not the only one :p
Maybe its a calico ;)

Looks like a burn from a lighting/heating fixture.

My MD has a few of these now ever since her last shed which was really bad... I'd say it's some sort of scale damage, but i wouldn't worry too much. Hasn't seemed to of worried mine one bit. I'm still hoping they sort themselves out over the next few sheds.

All my lighting and heating have wire cages though, which he regularly falls from in the middle of the night, because he's a klutz lol

I'll keep an eye on it, thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back