Two Pythons in roof

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleneann

Reaction score
There has been Pythons living in my roof. Yesterday it was warm and the two were seen at the back of the house. I thought they were a little more aggressive then usual. Now I am worried if the breed in the roof we will have lots of pythons in the roof and that WILL NOT make me happy.
What kind of python are they?
If any licensed relocator wants to relocate them ...come and get them. I live on the Sunshine Coast.

Attachments

• 100_5376.jpg
    100_5376.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_5383.jpg
    100_5383.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
They are coastal carpet pythons. If you really don't want them in your roof get a snake catcher to come and remove them for you.
Cheers Cameron

Definitely carpets, nothing to worry about. Although they're wild, so that's probably where you'd want them to remain. You can easily relocate them if needed; you've most likely got a female in the roof & all these buggers are out looking to mate due to breeding season. You could even throw Tony Harrison a call, he'll relocate whatever snake problem you have, or any other person you know who can.

We have two Diamond Pythons (close relatives of the Carpet) living in our roof and they are the best house guest we've ever had. No more rats in the roof. No more rat poison or dead carcasses to deal with.

BTW - they won't "multiply" in the roof, if she is mated, the female will go and lay her eggs in a place with more moisture. Eggs laid in roof spaces usually don't hatch. Tony Harrison told me!!!

That's awesome! We have a big spotted in our roof. Certainly keeps the pests away so unless you absolutely must have them removed I'd recommend letting them stay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back