Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello our illustrious fearless leader it is good to see you are still live and breathing air still :)
I dont think anyone knows exactly when to remove males,i do so in most cases when ive been warming for a week or two and they show no interest.
LOL Zulu you have got me again on my superior spelling. Thanks for the answer to my question. lol.

Both my albino darwin pairs layed tonight. Very excited.

Like Zulu, I remove the male when she is ignoring him and no longer cuddling up.

congrats Kurtis - mine should go off in a week or two. I hope they are big, healthy clutches for you.

I just got the call they are laid, i wont remove until tomorrow as im away, ill post pics when I get them. By the sounds of it they are big and healthy, which is great as I used a 18 month old male in one pairing.

Both my albino darwin pairs layed tonight. Very excited.
CONGRATULATION'S on your first clutches Kurt............I'm eggcited for you.........see mate.........The Proof Is In The Pudding!!!.............All the best with incubation!

AAAARGH! The ceramic heat emitter in the enclosure for my gravid girl blew some time in the past day or so. I noticed because she was not in her laying box tonight, but was tightly coiled in the warm floor spot above the emitter for the 'downstairs' enclosure. That made me look at the wall thermometer (only 20 degrees) and I made a quick raid on an empty enclosure. What timing! I am very glad she has the warm spot to hang out on. It provides nice belly heat, but now her top heat will be back in action and the cage warmer. She is due on Sept 1 or 2, so I am monitoring frequently.

She's now happy and warm in her nest box - won't be long now!

Any eggs yet pythonmum?

I got two clutches but unfortunately one was all slugs. Could be a number of factors, the male was only 18 months so maybe not viable and I possibly stopped putting him in with the female too early. Either way it was very unfortunate was hoping for some nice stuff from that clutch.

In the second clutch just candled some of the eggs again tonight and its 15 days in and i can see some movement, its fairly amazing to look at. Getting eggs is a great experience.

Hey Kurtis. She is due yesterday or today and this is her this evening. If she doesn't burst tonight, I don't know how she will hold it in! (Don't know how I will stand the waiting, either!)

Sorry to hear about the slug clutch, but great about the others. It is amazing watching them grow and develop. They really react to light toward the end. When they first poke out their little heads it is magic!

both maccies gravid cant wait so excited for my first clutches first time ive bred

Attachments

• 20130718_142003.jpg
    20130718_142003.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 2013-08-30 09.50.03.jpg
    2013-08-30 09.50.03.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 106
Here's a pretty childreni.
20130902_211848_zps05b9f113.jpg

yeah I like them I use them for all my girls. I find the substrate stays moist and it holds warmth even though its not near the heat. I find my female bhp likes it a drier mix, and she's always in it.

Pythonmum looks like our girls will have the same timing. Yours and mine females are actually siblings. lol

Calypso - Red 50/50 banded Wenlock River Cape York - pre lay slough this morning pic was taken afterwards. expecting eggs around the 28/9
PRE LAY SLOUGH 5th Sep 2013 (7).JPG
Medusa - Red reduced pattern Wenlock River Cape York - looking dull and dismal, has about a week before pre lay slough
4th Sep 2013 (9).jpg
Katherine female BHP ???still a 50/50 chance she may or may not be.
4th Sep 2013 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back