My new ackie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbest

Reaction score
Just got home with my new ridge tailed monitor :) So stoked but he's hiding in his stack at the moment so I'll have to try for a decent photo tomorrow. He's my first monitor and I've only had pythons up until now so if anyone has any advice on getting him settled in I'd be happy to hear. I've made him a stack using a mix of tiles ply and a paver at the top that gets to just over 60degrees. He has lots of sand to dig around in and iv put some hides and lots of branches and artificial plants to keep him occupied too.

Yea think I'm nearly read to throw out a wtb post already lol

What an awesome Ackie :D my next reptile will hopefully be a BHP.... However Ackie's are on my list too :) love the pics, he is a Bobby Dazzler

Thanks Im really happy with him. Think he needs a girlfriend though so he doesnt get bored :)

What are your ambient temps? I usually need at least 2 lights for a 4 foot enclosure so ambient doesn't drop below around 27 degrees celcius. now I've upgraded to 8 foot, I have a massive 275watt bulb above one end of the tank and that covers about half the tank, then 2 x 100 watt covering the other half. Anything under 30 degrees you will find the monitors won't hang around too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back