plastic track fixing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptileboy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys
i got the cowdroy plastic track but can any one tell me how they glued or what ever else to there cage thanks :):):):):):):)

I affixed them in using construction adhesive, windscreen adhesive is better as it has some flexibility to it when it cures where as other adhesive tend to set solid. Make sure you sand the wood/surface you are gluing to and also scuff the back of the track to allow the adhesive to latch on. Run a very thin line of adhesive using a caulking gun otherwise it will bleed out the sides when you press it down. Aim for a line about 2mm in diameter.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah as Virides advised windscreen adhesive is good. Sikaflex make a good one.

Why don't you just nail it down? If you look at the middle part of the track you will see a few holes for nails. I just used a bit of liquid nails down the length and then used '0' nails to properly secure it.

The instructions with the tracks expain it a bit better.

I used PVA glue and nailed them on. sikaflex or liquid nails would be ok. Mine are started to come apart now, but that is with over 10years use and more so the melamine is giving away and the enclosure are falling apart. Lucky I have to change them for the new cage sizes anyway...!!

Daz

I used construction adhesive and small nails for mine.

Nails and whatever adhesive I have handy at the time.
Don't over complicate things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back