What grinds your gears?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twits who tailgate me because I'm not going fast enough for them, I sticking to the speedlimit or driving to the conditions if I am driving slower than the speed limit.

My solution is - the closer you get, the slower I'm going to go (even if I become a mobile roadblock), if you don't like that, change lanes (I not going to) or pass me or back off.

Where did they get their drivers' licence, out of a Rice Bubbles pack ?

End rant.

Agree 100% on the tailgating, it's an agressive and pointless action, not to mention dangerous. I was tagged on my motorbike by a car sitting too close to me and didn't realize traffic was slowing down.

On people sitting on, or under the speed limit (usually just under the speed limit) and sit in the right lane, expecting people to overtake them on the left, you are one of my most disliked road users, along with those who refuse to indicate.

Agree 100% on the tailgating, it's an agressive and pointless action, not to mention dangerous. I was tagged on my motorbike by a car sitting too close to me and didn't realize traffic was slowing down.

On people sitting on, or under the speed limit (usually just under the speed limit) and sit in the right lane, expecting people to overtake them on the left, you are one of my most disliked road users, along with those who refuse to indicate.

Agreed! The number of times my patter or I have nearly been hit when riding because drivers aren't paying attention is just ridiculous!

I agree about the right hand lane too. Being in QLD has made me the most cautious and intolerant driver ever. It's me against the idiots on the road; can't trust them to follow basic road rules!!!

Agreed! The number of times my patter or I have nearly been hit when riding because drivers aren't paying attention is just ridiculous!

I agree about the right hand lane too. Being in QLD has made me the most cautious and intolerant driver ever. It's me against the idiots on the road; can't trust them to follow basic road rules!!!

I found that once I bought the roadbike, my driving changed dramatically. Not that I wasn't inconsiderate, but now I will go out of my way to watch for motorbikes, and shift over in my lane in traffic to allow them through.

I've had people swerve at me, open doors on me in traffic, deliberately pull closer to the car in the next lane so I can't move through stationary traffic, throw things at me, etc. There are a lot of people out there who hate bike riders, mostly because bikes can skip past traffic.

I found that once I bought the roadbike, my driving changed dramatically. Not that I wasn't inconsiderate, but now I will go out of my way to watch for motorbikes, and shift over in my lane in traffic to allow them through.

I've had people swerve at me, open doors on me in traffic, deliberately pull closer to the car in the next lane so I can't move through stationary traffic, throw things at me, etc. There are a lot of people out there who hate bike riders, mostly because bikes can skip past traffic.

I can completely relate. I always make sure to leave extra room when following a bike in my ute for the simple reason that they slow down a lot faster than me! I didn't truly appreciate how dangerous motorists can be until I started riding. People are just jerks.

I think people don't realise (or don't care) that it is legal for bikes to move to the front of stationary traffic. It is the safest place for them to be.

When I open my bedroom window to let some fresh air in and within minutes my room is filled with cigarette smoke. I guess that's what you get for living in a city, but it drives me insane. I feel like I will get lung cancer just from sitting in my bedroom, ironically because I wanted fresh air.

When the phone keeps ringing and when you answer there is just beeping/dialling from a bloody call centre. And these people wonder why everyone hangs up on them!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drivers that do not seem to have any idea on the rules that apply for intersections and roundabouts???? then have the audacity to wave fingers/fists at me for doing the "right" thing lol I blow kisses back and smile sweetly......
I tend to walk most places now as it keeps me safe and sane and is also better for the environment(in some miniscule way ;) )

when you are nice to people and they don't reply to your phone messages or facebook messages.

The reason for the 40 k's is because of deaths at roadworks.
80% drop in deaths since it came into play.

Maybe we should drop all speed limits to 10kph then there wouldn't be any deaths?
Oh, damn, but no one would get anywhere.

Might be an idea to just take all the incompetent drivers off the road then increase the speed limits to a reasonable 120-130kph?

I didn't say if I was in the middle lane.

Someone mentioned rogue smoke coming in the window....nasty , even nastier and more putrid is the stench of pot being smoked (by the idiot nextdoor) at night when we'd like to get the breeze but can't because of him.

And what is about idiots and boats, who insist on fishing right on top of you when you are fishing from the shore , they come along in their boat and drop anchore right in front of you and overtop of where you are casting to. Jeez, they've the whole ocean to fish in and can easily anchore and fish somewhere else but are ignorant SOBs and choose to bugger up your fishing.

Last edited:
People who instead of being helpful take it upon themselves to be derogative and negative instead of helping out and/or offering helpful advice.

Happening more and more on this and many other forums unfortunatley!

When my mother in law brings me (instead of the vet) a bearded dragon that has been attacked by a dog and is now dead and bloated (but she still thinks its alive), then tells me it has been kept in a box for the past two days to help it recover from its infected wound, then once I convince her it's dead, she leaves it with me to deal with. Just what I want to wake up to in the morning.

When my mother in law brings me (instead of the vet) a bearded dragon that has been attacked by a dog and is now dead and bloated (but she still thinks its alive), then tells me it has been kept in a box for the past two days to help it recover from its infected wound, then once I convince her it's dead, she leaves it with me to deal with. Just what I want to wake up to in the morning.

That's terrible! People think they are doing people/ animals a favour and sometimes they just make it worse! Poor beardie!

When Im working retail and hold out my hand for the money and the customers bypass my hand to put the money on the glass benchtop. Then when I go to hand them their change they hold their hand out expectantly. :evil:

So many things in retail make me so so mad it would be an essay if I wrote them all here.

When Im working retail and hold out my hand for the money and the customers bypass my hand to put the money on the glass benchtop. Then when I go to hand them their change they hold their hand out expectantly. :evil:

So many things in retail make me so so mad it would be an essay if I wrote them all here.

I agree it's common courtesy to hand someone the money instead of across the bench. However, serving morons is part of retail.

People who instead of being helpful take it upon themselves to be derogative and negative instead of helping out and/or offering helpful advice.

Happening more and more on this and many other forums unfortunatley!
I agree, some of these "experts" are real jerks and become trolls, spoiling the experiencece here for everyone else .

Herpers who regard wild reptiles as worthless and not worthy of our help and our protection, and who recommend killing them or just letting nature take it's course if you encounter or see a sick or injured wild reptile rather than rescuing it (if possible) and at least taking it to reptile vet for treatment.

The same people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars to treat a sick or injured prized breeder reptile or a family cat or dog.

That's terrible! People think they are doing people/ animals a favour and sometimes they just make it worse! Poor beardie!
Same applies to people who seek vet advice for free from people here and on other message boards and delay taking injured or ill pet reptiles (and wild ones too) to a good reptile vet , procastinating often for many days while getting advice of dubious worth from people who have not even seen the suffering reptile.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who think it's okay to flick their cigarette butts. It's not okay - it's littering and it's lazy.
In Singapore its a $5000 fine for dropping a cigarette but. Its the cleanist place in Asia. Should be the same here but our politicians dont have the balls

In Singapore its a $5000 fine for dropping a cigarette but. Its the cleanist place in Asia. Should be the same here but our politicians dont have the balls

I think it is $1000 in Singapore and $200 in Australia.

I think it is $1000 in Singapore and $200 in Australia.

Should be much more and ENFORCED !

Have you ever seen what happens if some jerk drops his cigarette butt in your livebait tank (full of bait sized mullet, tailor, yellowtail) , I have, within a few few minutes every single fish in the tank is floating belly up or is dying. The chemicals in a cigarette butt are lethal to fish.
And where do you think all those discarded cigarette butts that litter the streets in any town or city you care to point at go when it rains, into the stormwater system, and from there into creeks, rivers, lakes and the sea.

Filfy habit and you really have to an idiot to take it up, so no small surprise most smokers just drop their butts where they are standing or happen to stopped at the moment with zero thought about it.

Should be much more and ENFORCED !

Have you ever seen what happens if some jerk drops his cigarette butt in your livebait tank (full of bait sized mullet, tailor, yellowtail) , I have, within a few few minutes every single fish in the tank is floating belly up or is dying. The chemicals in a cigarette butt are lethal to fish.
And where do you think all those discarded cigarette butts that litter the streets in any town or city you care to point at go when it rains, into the stormwater system, and from there into creeks, rivers, lakes and the sea.

Filfy habit and you really have to an idiot to take it up, so no small surprise most smokers just drop their butts where they are standing or happen to stopped at the moment with zero thought about it.
I am not defending the action mate, I think it is terrible that people just drop their butts as well. You point out some important facts about where a lot of them end up but there is also the bush fire risk in rural areas that endanger lives of wildlife and people. I was one of those idiots that took up smoking for many years but one thing for me was that I was diligent about not throwing out butts, I would rather put it out and put it in my pocket than toss it. I started smoking for a really silly reason when I was younger and that was because I smoked marijuana and my parents were starting to smell it on me so thought the smell of cigarette was a good cover up. I gave up pot but found it hard to give up cigarettes and smoked for a further 8 years before quitting and have never looked back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back