Ra's lump

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
Ra is off to the vet tommorrow to have his lump inspected. (we have a 10.30 appointment)

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like it, im getting really nervous that he might be another cancer victim,....but im really hoping for an infected spur, or swollen sperm duct, or something better,...something treatable,....

He'll be going to the vet regardless, but in the meantime id be happy to hear some news that stops the panicky feeling,....

THanks,

Chris.

Attachments

• ras lump.jpg
    ras lump.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 303
Good luck Chris. You have all my best wishes for a simple fix cobber.

Thanks Steve,...!! :)

Been doing some googling,...ive found an almost identical looking lump that resulted in a vet diagnosis of plugged scent gland,..im feeling a little more hopeful!!!

Looks like a case of lovers nuts haha. But in all seriousness good luck. Hope it works out okay at the vets.

I have this exact same thing on one of my female Stimsons - there's a lump just behind the cloaca situated more to one side.

I took her to the vet yesterday but he couldn't tell for certain what it was. I mentioned she'd had it for a few weeks as i've been watching it - but since it hadn't gotten any bigger he didn't seem too worried about it. If it doesn't dissapear in the next month or two he said to bring her back and either get it drained or cut open to see what's going on.

I am leaning toward that something physical has gotten lodged in there whilst mating (aspen chip!?) - or infected scent gland.

The lump wasnt attached to anything in particular, just a lump. He took him into a different room and used a needle to pop whatever it was and got some hard stuff out , and looked at it under a microscope, there was bacteria in it, so hes on fortum (antibiotics) for a month.

no idea really what it is, but it wasnt fluidy like he expected. (the lump was soft)

its still a lump despite him getting something out, so if it goes away with teh fortum,... hes ok, if not, he'll need surgery and tests

Hes kept the material he squeezed out so if it doesnt go away it can be sent off for further diagnosis.

Sounds like an abscess and fortum will most likely do the trick.

im pretty sure Ras lump is getting smaller,....still lots of needles to go,...hes not a fan, lol,...!!

Ras lump started growing, hes off for surgery today.
Fingers crossed for a successful surgery and a cancer free biopsy!!! (if my vet feels a biopsy is required)

Damn, sorry to hear Chris, All the best...positive thought's it's not another. xo

Thanks guys!

Ra is awake and his surgery was a success!! :p

Apparently there was alot more than the lump you can see in the photo, there was a string of lumps moving into his tail,....the good news is they are gone and they were consistent with abcesses not tumours.

I get to pick him up tommorrow. :)

Hes getting more antibiotics, hes not going to be pleased!!!

He did say when he put him on it originally that it doesnt always work on abcesses, but its worth a try.

I think it was something to do with how solid the pus is, but i'll confirm that when i pick him up tommorrow.

He did say when he put him on it originally that it doesnt always work on abcesses, but its worth a try.

I think it was something to do with how solid the pus is, but i'll confirm that when i pick him up tommorrow.

Fair enough.Would be greatful if you could let me know what antibiotics he is going to go with this time once you find out.

Not good Ra had to go to surgery, but the news from it seems to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back