Not well looked after jungle :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been able to remove retained eye caps carefull with a pair of tweezers.i feel comrortable doing this but dont attempt it if you are not confident. It helps if it is a placid snake as well. With a touchy jungle it may be prudent to have someone else helping you hold her.

she is rather ummm cranky as I would be to if I was covered in shed for goodness knows how long. I got the eye cap off with tweezers she had a little shed still on her head and when I was removing it from her nose back the eye cap lifted...thanks for the advice though :)

Ps I have had to hold her behind the head this whole time as she bites and my other half is scared of her lol

Although I think it's great to get animals out of homes that don't care for them properly, I'm afraid I wouldn't pay for a snake that was so poorly kept - I'd be ringing the DSE and asking them a few questions.

Some people are happy to give up their animals and admit they don't know what they are doing and are grateful for the help from someone taking them who knows, but I get so frustrated when people just don't care enough about their animals to ask questions before it gets so bad.

Good on you for giving this Jungle a chance. I really REALLY hope the previous owner never owns a reptile again. They ibviously had no idea and I shudder to think how long she was uncomfortable for.

Good luck with her :)

Although I think it's great to get animals out of homes that don't care for them properly, I'm afraid I wouldn't pay for a snake that was so poorly kept - I'd be ringing the DSE and asking them a few questions.

Some people are happy to give up their animals and admit they don't know what they are doing and are grateful for the help from someone taking them who knows, but I get so frustrated when people just don't care enough about their animals to ask questions before it gets so bad.

Good on you for giving this Jungle a chance. I really REALLY hope the previous owner never owns a reptile again. They ibviously had no idea and I shudder to think how long she was uncomfortable for.

Good luck with her :)

from everything the woman said this had been going on for 6-12 months :( unfortunately she still owns a diamond...I did tell her if she ever wants to regime him I will take him, he did look in better condition at least.
I wish people did more research about any new animal they were going to buy so things like didn't happen so often!

We have just taken on a similar situation with a jungle in fairly poor condition .

after two days of having the snake outside and just spraying warm water and having some rough stuff we have removed 2 layers , the tail looks bad and I was wondering about the Paw paw cream , and how many use it . I think there may be 4 or 5 layers on the last two inches of tail (not looking good)

thanks

169.jpgHmm glad to hear that eye cap came off so easily, I'm in the same situation with a jungle I brought home a couple of weeks ago, from an owner who was fairly well terrified of this python, he had copped a number of bites with constriction..anyway the first thing I noticed about this python was one dark eye, and where I was viewing him was not well lit so I couldn't tell what the issue was at first and I didn't feel like copping a bite and stressing the python out, thinking that it probably can't see me well better not to scare it into biting me lol..so got him home and had a close look in good light and it appears to be a retained eye cap,he has some scarring on his nose scales and it looks like some more scarring above his eye and when looking down on him the darker eye appears to be more prominent ,,169.jpgand I have never had a snake with this issue before..I was going to leave it till the next shed, he appears to be a healthy python with no others issues present, not game to have a go with tweezers, I have heard and read some horror stories regarding forcing off an eye cap, so am I doing the right thing, to wait?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back