Pushy Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquis

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi just wanted to ask members here if they have had this happen to them, for the last couple of days my intergrade has been trying to push items in it's enclosure.

The funny thing is that there small items that it could push easily, but my snake is trying to push the real heavy items.
Such as water bowl (which he slips off ) large rocks and an old tree branch,my pet lines up and uses his nose? to try and push the item.

You can see the amount of strain he uses as most of his body quivers from the effort,I don't think it is shed related as he just shed 2 weeks ago and it was a perfect shed no problems at all.
Is there anything to worry about or should I just sign him up for the snake Olympic Team.:D

One of mine does the same, he's just a very curious snake I think.

My BHP constantly pushes a fist sized rock to the edge of his enclosure if I place it in the middle. So if he gives me attitude, guess where I put the rock :twisted:

If he's male, I'll bet it's a breeding season thing. My Stimmy went ballistic last year, tearing the fittings in the enclosure apart and trying to get out, and when I asked a few people what it might be, they said it was typical breeding behaviour of males. And he's never done it since. Think I might clear out his enclosure this year and just let him go for it against the glass.

Well I must admit when my pet tries to push the water bowl, it is rather funny if it has just been cleaned and is still wet and he spears off it.

Id say he's also trying to shed ? check he has ample humidity to do so.

Agree with Zipidee, my bloke did the same thing 3 years in a row now, he gets very fidgety, can't stay still, like he's looking for something, and this year was the worst for him, he was like this for four weeks, he has only just stopped in the last couple of days. I figgered when he first began doing it that it might be related to the time of year and asked around, but didn't really get any definitive answers..this year I have brought in two females and he knows it, his behaviour has been much bolder, he wants out of his house all the time and has even bumped himself on the glass loudly, I'm sure to get my attention..He's a very healthy python of six nearly seven, he has not had any health, shedding or any other problem in his short life (knock on wood) and there is nothing environment that would affect him, so had to think it was physiological in nature and this was actually said to me by a herpkeeper at currumbin wildlife sanctuary and not to worry or find a female for him, so I didn't worry myself and began looking for girls.. I think as long as you can see or know there is nothing bothering him environmentally and he's healthy and not damaging himself, not to worry too much, get him out and find something for him to do haha, no not joking those that are laughing at me, I have branches hanging from my patio roof kinda like a maze, I put him up there, he loves it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back