How long before I should worry?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewyMonster

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Apologies if this has been asked a million times before. I did search but didn't find any answers.

I got a inland beardie on Thursday. He is five months old and I've set him up in a 4x2 enclosure with rocks, driftwood and sand. He's got a 100w heat bulb and 10.00uv. On Friday he demolished about a dozen crickets, catching them one by one in his enclosure (half in the morning and half in the afternoon), ate most of his veg and poo'd. Since then he has eaten nothing. I was told he'd been tong fed so I tried that today (Sunday) but no interest. There are a couple of crickets in there now as I couldn't catch the buggers but he's ignoring them. How long can a baby go without food? should I just leave him longer to settle or keep persevering with trying to get him to eat?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Enclosure temps hot cold and basking temps? To eliminate a temp issue

He's probably just a bit stressed by all the changes in his life , new owner, new room, new sights, new enclosure, change in feeding schedule and probably change in food offered to him.

Try hand feeding him his crickets (squash their heads and dab the cricket juices and inards on his nose and lips (it'll stimulate him to lick it off and then present the cricket he's while licking).

Have you offered any greens and chopped veggies ?

Thanks

The highest point on his basking log is 41 degrees, the floor on the hot side is 35 and the cool side is 30. Is that too hot?

I have offered him chopped greens, He ate them on Friday. I got him from the animal shelter, they said he'd been eating woodies and crickets. I'll try head squashing some and see if he wants them. I hope he settles, he's really gorgeous :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back