Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Good Samaritan and let my parents friends stay/ use in my house over the weekend. They came up from vic to sydney. I slept elsewhere and gave them the keys. I have two pet mice which I have hand reared from pinkies. I hand fed them baby formula every two hours until they where able to eat on their own. I had such a strong bond with these little creatures. I truly loved them. Dad said to move the mice out of my house because he thought they stunk and didnt want the guests to have to smell them. Even though its my house and the "guests aren't paying anything to stay at my house while I'm kicked out for the weekend" I had no where else to put them other than my fathers garage. 2 days later I come home to find out that their cat has knocked over the cage and killed them. My mother found them mauled and covered in ants in the yard. Not only am I heart broken, I am so angry. Not to mention guests didnt even leave a note or a message to say thank you for letting us use your house.

I was a Good Samaritan and let my parents friends stay/ use in my house over the weekend. They came up from vic to sydney. I slept elsewhere and gave them the keys. I have two pet mice which I have hand reared from pinkies. I hand fed them baby formula every two hours until they where able to eat on their own. I had such a strong bond with these little creatures. I truly loved them. Dad said to move the mice out of my house because he thought they stunk and didnt want the guests to have to smell them. Even though its my house and the "guests aren't paying anything to stay at my house while I'm kicked out for the weekend" I had no where else to put them other than my fathers garage. 2 days later I come home to find out that their cat has knocked over the cage and killed them. My mother found them mauled and covered in ants in the yard. Not only am I heart broken, I am so angry. Not to mention guests didnt even leave a note or a message to say thank you for letting us use your house.

Sorry to hear mate =( Some people are just inconsiderate, you'd think they would at least say thankyou seeing as you were being put out by them being there.

That sounds horrible :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

People who thank Jesus/God for my donation to a charity.. Or thank the lord for making their family member better after they went through some of the most aggressive treatments known to man... This kind of thing really bugs me... Now I couldn't care less if you have a religion, or personal belief... but keep it to yourself and give credit where credit is due.... I've actually stopped donating to some causes strictly on the principle of, if I'm not donating lets see the lord drop coins in your bucket...

Also, I'm sick and tired of getting tail gated whilst doing the speed limit... Yes i'm a P plate driver and yes my car has the potential to do a lot faster than the speed limit but no I won't speed just because you've driven your truck within a bee's willy of my car... But jeez, if I was to speed i'd be burned at the stake, because we all know how much everyone loves to vilify all P plate drivers...

People who thank Jesus/God for my donation to a charity.. Or thank the lord for making their family member better after they went through some of the most aggressive treatments known to man... This kind of thing really bugs me... Now I couldn't care less if you have a religion, or personal belief... but keep it to yourself and give credit where credit is due.... I've actually stopped donating to some causes strictly on the principle of, if I'm not donating lets see the lord drop coins in your bucket...

Also, I'm sick and tired of getting tail gated whilst doing the speed limit... Yes i'm a P plate driver and yes my car has the potential to do a lot faster than the speed limit but no I won't speed just because you've driven your truck within a bee's willy of my car... But jeez, if I was to speed i'd be burned at the stake, because we all know how much everyone loves to vilify all P plate drivers...

I totally agree about tailgaters, if they want to go faster then go around instead of taking the drivers concentration in front off the road.

I personally help people out for the good feeling it gives rather than the thanks that you may or may not get.

I personally help people out for the good feeling it gives rather than the thanks that you may or may not get.

I used to get a good feeling, then it just annoyed me. I wouldn't care if they didn't say thank you and left it at that, that'd be fine, but the fact that the lord gets thanks and not me, for money I earned, and donated from the kindness of my heart gives me the shi*s. Just keep religion and beliefs out of it.. That money now gives me a warm feeling in my heart.

I used to get a good feeling, then it just annoyed me. I wouldn't care if they didn't say thank you and left it at that, that'd be fine, but the fact that the lord gets thanks and not me, for money I earned, and donated from the kindness of my heart gives me the shi*s. Just keep religion and beliefs out of it.. That money now gives me a warm feeling in my heart.

I give Santa Claus credit each year when I spend my hard earned on presents for my kids. I suppose that is my choice though for the benefit of my kids. Maybe you should say to them that you hope God is not getting your tax receipt as well as your credit.

Having worked recently feeding illegal immigrants , I am now feeding 180 of our finest , breakfast and lunch for the week

What is Wrong with a country that feeds the illegals better than the people duty bound to protect it . And these boys and girls are thankful for the meals they receive ,, whereas the others winged grunted and took much more on their plates than they could eat in a week

One of my mums friend and her husband came to our house 2 weeks ago, I wasnt home and I got home about 30min before they left... He had looked in all my snake enclosures because he thought they were "cool"... I told him that it was rude and he should never EVER do that to somebody... He has never seen snakes before besides at Australia Zoo... Yesterday, my mum told me that he just bought all these pythons... She said she doesnt know what they are and showed me the pictures that she got of them... He bought a GTP, a roughie, a 6ft+ Bredli, an Olive, 2 Childrens Pythons and a coastal... I could not believe it... Two weeks ago he didnt know anything about keeping reptiles, now he is trying to tell me he is an 'expert' and is telling me Im doing things wrong. Some people are just so idiotic ARGH! -.-

One of my mums friend and her husband came to our house 2 weeks ago, I wasnt home and I got home about 30min before they left... He had looked in all my snake enclosures because he thought they were "cool"... I told him that it was rude and he should never EVER do that to somebody... He has never seen snakes before besides at Australia Zoo... Yesterday, my mum told me that he just bought all these pythons... She said she doesnt know what they are and showed me the pictures that she got of them... He bought a GTP, a roughie, a 6ft+ Bredli, an Olive, 2 Childrens Pythons and a coastal... I could not believe it... Two weeks ago he didnt know anything about keeping reptiles, now he is trying to tell me he is an 'expert' and is telling me Im doing things wrong. Some people are just so idiotic ARGH! -.-
Maybe suggest to the person that all of the experienced keepers buy adult scrub pythons and feed them by hand.

My youngest sis just had her first baby and I wasn't sure if I would fly down or not (I live in Mackay QLD, she's on the Central Coast NSW) but since seeing her and baby Isabella my heart melted and I decided to go down on my days off (tomorrow & thurs).

Problem is that last minute flights are exxy and would set me back $500 return for not even two days. Well I decided I can't afford that and will book for a couple of weeks time when it's cheaper so suddenly I'm such a horrible sister and "it was your decision to move so far away from the family and you don't even come down for your baby sister" -_-

Never mind that in April I forked out flights to go down for my Nan's funeral and always get dragged into their drama with countless calls and emails, expecting me to play mediator.

Argh :/ can't choose your family I guess... Don't get me wrong, they're great and I appreciate my parents endlessly, I just wish they'd all remember that I'm not as well off as them and still studying and working hard to get somewhere in life...

/endrant

Last edited by a moderator:
My youngest sis just had her first baby and I wasn't sure if I would fly down or not (I live in Mackay QLD, she's on the Central Coast NSW) but since seeing her and baby Isabella my heart melted and I decided to go down on my days off (tomorrow & thurs).

Problem is that last minute flights are exxy and would set me back $500 return for not even two days. Well I decided I can't afford that and will book for a couple of weeks time when it's cheaper so suddenly I'm such a horrible sister and "it was your decision to move so far away from the family and you don't even come down for your baby sister" -_-

Never mind that in April I forked out flights to go down for my Nan's funeral and always get dragged into their drama with countless calls and emails, expecting me to play mediator.

Argh :/ can't choose your family I guess... Don't get me wrong, they're great and I appreciate my parents endlessly, I just wish they'd all remember that I'm not as well off as them and still studying and working hard to get somewhere in life...

/endrant
I think that you should put it back on them, say that you will fly down tomorrow if they buy your tickets. They baby will be there in two weeks but it can take months to recover from a $500 hit when money is tight. I also think that you should change your name to Aunty Lawra out of respect for your niece.

I think that you should put it back on them, say that you will fly down tomorrow if they buy your tickets. They baby will be there in two weeks but it can take months to recover from a $500 hit when money is tight. I also think that you should change your name to Aunty Lawra out of respect for your niece.

Exactly right... But no, they're all loaded and I've learnt that the more money someone has, the less inclined they are to part with it.

I think I may just change my name to Aunty Lawra :) thank you for putting a smile back on my face.

Ain't that the truth.

And freakin retards who don't check their darn blindspots before deciding "oh you're not right next to me, on a motorbike, better merge into you!"
How hard is it to check your freaking blindspot?!

The other day by boyfriend and I were almost ran over by a guy merging without looking, who also had a "motorbike aware driver" sticker on his car!

/endrant

That's a fairly harsh judgement by your family :(

I have a nephew who is a couple of months old now and we will meet him this w/e for the first time. If we could have flown up to see him earlier we would have (just like they would have flown down if they could) but we all understand each others situations .

A couple of weeks is nothing in the big scheme of things! And trust me, your niece will not care that aunty Lawra had to wait a couple of weeks. They all look like aliens with squished heads the first couple any way hehe
:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a fairly harsh judgement by your family :(

I have a nephew who is a couple of months old now and we will meet him this w/e for the first time. If we could have flown up to see him earlier we would have (just like they would have flown down if they could) but we all understand each others situations .

A couple of weeks is nothing in the big scheme of things! And trust me, your niece will not care that aunty Lawra had to wait a couple of weeks. They all look like aliens with squished heads the first couple any way hehe
:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're being unfair.

I went to a reptile expo and I bought 7 new reptiles....2 BHP hatchlings, 2 pygmy monitors, an Olive hatchling, an Albino Darwin and 100% het darwin. They are all so beautiful and I am so happy with my new additions! :D I could just stare at them for hours =]

....but then I woke up :(

..."it was your decision to move so far away from the family and you don't even come down for your baby sister"

I think they are definitely being unreasonable. It wasn't your decision for your sister to have a baby and to expect you to fly down to see them. If she had been considerate she would have thought about all this before getting "knocked-up". If they are so upset about it just tell them not to worry about it until your next in town at Christmas or Easter or when ever that is. That should **** them off real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back