Love Thy Customer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
world is full of idiotss

I wouldn't do retail for this exact reason,people are morons who expect everything to be perfect.....but put the shoe on the other foot and they'll give nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had some drop kick Indian call centre (insert stars here) Call me. we are on the do not call register for this reason, the only time the phone rang was for someone to sell stuff to us. As soon as the 4th hello got a reply and I heard the accent I said no thank you and hung up! THE (insert stars here) Called me back and abused me!!! Had a go at me for hanging up on him told me he loved me then abused me some more before I hung back up!!! What's this world comming to?

He loves you? Hahahahaa, thats funny. I hang up on them, too. I don't even reply when they say hello. Sometimes I sit the phone on a shelf and leave them talking to themselves

next time I'm going to unleash my potty mouth! Call me back and abuse ME All I said was no thank you and hung up!

Its been a while since this thread was started, and especially with the christmas rush just gone does anyone have any new stories to share?

12 years of running bars and I have lost count of all the stories I have.
One memorable one was when a guy(use the term loosely, about as redneck bogan trash as you could imagine) who had been drinking for several hours came up to the bar and demanded another drink off me after I had already cut him off. He pulled out a full on Crocodile Dundee style bowie knife on me!
Now where I worked at the time is a mainly outdoor venue with the bars built into old vaults and you serve through windows.
The windows are quite large and very thick for security purposes and so weigh about 220-250kg's each, and are spring loaded so you can raise and lower them easily. The one through which this was all happening had busted springs and was being propped up by a piece of wood...
When he raised the knife my brain kicked in and I swiftly swung my arm and knocked out the piece of wood.
In a flash the 220kg window came slamming down onto his outstretched arm.
The window completely scrushed, almost severing his forearm(oops!:p)

Was absolutely hilarious hearing him scream obscenities and claim he was gonna press charges on me as he was being put into the back of the ambulance cuffed to gurney and ascorted by two police officers hahahaha.

We watched the CCTV footage of that at least once a month when we were having a few 'extra' knock offs, or when a new staff member joined for the rest of my time there which was about another 2 years hahahaha.

I have just started back in retail(swore I never would lol)Surprisingly in the last couple of days I have only had 2 rude people to deal with. Most of the customers have been lovely :D I hope it continues :)

I was getting tattooed recently when in the other booth, the tattooist was slowly losing patience with his client....an idiot who was complaining that his girlfriend's name was tattooed backwards...when he looked at it in the mirror.

Was in Target this morning and was being served by this lovely young girl, another customer walked up to the counter and without so much as an excuse me proceeded to fire questions at the young girl. By this stage two more Shop Assistants were available, all 3 had not been able to get a word in. When the Battle Axe finally drew breath, The young Lass attending me answered her questions. The Dragon lady spat a reply dripping in un-necessary sarcasm, then without so much as a thank-you spun on her heel and marched off :x I was furious with her lack of manners and just plain rude behaviour ggggrrrrr I turned to the shocked Girls and apologized profusely for the disgustingly rude behaviour they received from the elderly woman. I then commended them on their lovely manners and the fact they were still polite at all times during her tirade. My 9 year old Daughter was amazed (in a bad way) by the old Beezlebub's demeanor, but very impressed by the young Shop Assistants politeness :)

I work at Optus so we get lots of these moments like the other day a customer was abusing a staff member coz we wouldn't take a 2 cent coin to pay his bill he then asked to speak to the manager..... What he didnt know was he was taking to the manager hahha needless to say he was still abusing her and said he's going to put a complaint in because of it...
then you get moments like I had yesterday where I girl that was with a guy I was serving had a bigger beard the the man she was with

please dont riducle women with hormone imbalances, there but for the grace of god go someone you love

Was in Target this morning and was being served by this lovely young girl, another customer walked up to the counter and without so much as an excuse me proceeded to fire questions at the young girl. By this stage two more Shop Assistants were available, all 3 had not been able to get a word in. When the Battle Axe finally drew breath, The young Lass attending me answered her questions. The Dragon lady spat a reply dripping in un-necessary sarcasm, then without so much as a thank-you spun on her heel and marched off :x I was furious with her lack of manners and just plain rude behaviour ggggrrrrr I turned to the shocked Girls and apologized profusely for the disgustingly rude behaviour they received from the elderly woman. I then commended them on their lovely manners and the fact they were still polite at all times during her tirade. My 9 year old Daughter was amazed (in a bad way) by the old Beezlebub's demeanor, but very impressed by the young Shop Assistants politeness :)

Why on earth would you apologize for a strangers rude behavior?

This thread is AWESOME. After reading the whole thing this morning I may just miss my therapy session this week :D

Ill quickly share two stories. I use to manage a health club many moons ago in a rather rough area. One customer came up to the rather high reception counter and was asked for their membership card, she asked for a minute to get it out of her handbag. At this point she squatted down whilst riffling through her handbag and I lost sight of her behind the counter. I got busy and forgot all about her. 10 odd minutes later another member walks in and looks down and suggests I have a look. I walk around the counter and find the aforementioned lady sprawled on the floor, syringe still stuck in arm, unconscious on the floor. Grabbed the phone, speed dialled the cops who where there in 5 minutes flat to remove her.

Story two. Same Health Club, left at 10.30ish pm after closing went down the lift. Doors opened on the ground floor to find one of our male patrons.... shall we say....pleasuring himself. Saw me, didn't stop.

I've gotten out of that game now, way too many stories. Thanks to the OP great thread.

Why on earth would you apologize for a strangers rude behavior?
I apologized for the stranger's rude behavior because I was mortified that these young shop assistants were subjected to such un-necessary rudeness. They were cheerful, polite, very helpful and I could see that they were saddened by the crotchety rude old woman. I felt they deserved an apology and were not going to get one from the perpetrator of rudeness, so they may as well get one from me :)

I work in a boarding kennel and all pets in our care are required to have specific vaccinations, we tell people constantly that this is so. Yet it always seems to be our fault that the customer hasn't their pets vaccinations updated for 4 years. "Well why didn't you tell me fluffies needles were due?" Gee why didn't I tell you 4 years ago thet YOUR dogs vaccinations needed doing, even though this is the first time in my life I have met you.
They always say "Can't you just do it now!" I'm not a vet mate, it's your responsibility.

Last edited:
you think customers are bad, lol. all i can say is those customers have children

i worked for many years in child care, i have since left and have no plans to go back.

i have been stabbed with a pencil, spat on, hit, bitten, kicked, sworn at, had food thrown at me and had a chair thrown at me.

i'v had 2-4 year olds bring knifes to pre-school and threaten staff and other children. 3 year olds bringing mobiles to pre-school and calling their parents and demanding to be picked up. one bought a lighter and tried to light the place on fire and laughed wen i stopped him and told him it was dangerous.

been abused by parents multiple times cause their little brat complains that some kid picks on them and that the staff do nothing wen the truth is their kid is the bully.

had one 4 year old girl licking the teddy bears crotch and i asked why she was doing that and she said because daddy does it to mummy.

most of these kids parents don't work and therefor pay $1 a day to have them at childcare/ pre-school, while they sit a home.

i had one mum who did not work at all and had her son enrolled 5 days a week and always complained she needed a break.

i had one mother who had her 3 year old son enrolled for 2 months and i was close with the kid he was a great kid, she told me she had no family/ friends support (because she was in witness protection from her ex) and needed a night out and asked if i would have her son over night for $50. she literally begged me and the kid begged me to have him over night, so i asked my boss and she said it was fine. so on friday after work i took him out to dinner then went home watched movies and played kiddy games. i had her mobile number and it was arranged she would collect him from my house at 11am. by 12pm she had not come so i called and her phone was switched off. i kept ringing every 30 min, finally at 5pm her friend answered her phone and asked me to drop him off home for them as they were not feeling well. so i dropped him off, the mother did not even come out to apologies, her friend who i recognised from coming with her to drop off the kid came out grabbed the kid, yelled at him to get in and walked back in. she was very much hung over.

he came back to pre-school for the next 2 weeks then she never bought him back to pre school we tried contacting her and never got in contact with her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back