NSW bush fire's are early this year.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
bush fires are early this year, its all over the news. there are more than 40 uncontained fires in nsw.

Homes under threat from bushfires at Castlereagh and Windsor in Sydney s far north west - Yahoo!7

windsor, penrith, Castlereagh and londonderry are bad and people are being evacuated.

to all the herpers in those areas, please have a fire plan ready, tubs and pillow cases (for the reptiles) ready in case you need to leave.

and everyone else who does not have a fire plan should start one.

It's pretty much straight behind my house. The fire fighters are my heroes. They're the only reason so many houses are still standing

Last edited:
Just came from bligh park area and it was pretty bad. They had part of Richmond rd closed off.Just hope they contain and controll the fire. Keep safe all you guys out there.

a few fire fighters have been injured today, i hope they recover quickly. they really are heroes.

Jumped on to see if u had posted sax. The castlereagh nutt rd fires are heading our way. Theres a couple of lines of houses between us and the grasslands nearby. If you get affected and need a hand of any sort, give us a yell

I've been evacuating my mother in laws house in Bligh Park. Now I just found out my actual mother is stuck at her partners house (due to closed roads) and the fire is only 3 or 4 houses away from the house she's in. Her cars dead, phones dead and the house power is out where she is and I've got no way of checking on her.

I've been evacuating my mother in laws house in Bligh Park. Now I just found out my actual mother is stuck at her partners house (due to closed roads) and the fire is only 3 or 4 houses away from the house she's in. Her cars dead, phones dead and the house power is out where she is and I've got no way of checking on her.

sorry to hear that. there should be a hotline to check on loved ones, they usually have one in emergencies like this. hopefully she contacts you soon.

We've been evacuated, fire was 5 houses up when we left. still waiting to see if our house will be okay. Loading 2 cars with 3 Great Danes a Australian blue heeler, 2 cats and all my reptiles was interesting to say the least. Had to leave my goats behind though. Praying to god they will be okay. Praying that our house will be okay too. Worst couple of weeks of my life.

We've been evacuated, fire was 5 houses up when we left. still waiting to see if our house will be okay. Loading 2 cars with 3 Great Danes a Australian blue heeler, 2 cats and all my reptiles was interesting to say the least. Had to leave my goats behind though. Praying to god they will be okay. Praying that our house will be okay too. Worst couple of weeks of my life.

Thats unfortunate Ellan, hopefully your house and goats will be ok.

I had to cram 12 over grown rodents (Chihuahuas), into a 2 door car and unfortunately, they have to stay in my kitchen until the fire threat is over. I can't hear myself think over all the yapping :facepalm:

Wow not having a lot of luck mate. Stay safe. And everyone else stay safe too.

Anyone over near the Londonderry fire please keep an eye out for loose horses, 17 includding mares with foals had to be let loose when the stables and paddocks went up!

Just saw that on FB. Im south east of the fires in a residential area but will keep eyes open for them

I'm thinking terrified horses can go quite a distance and they were let loose on Londonderry rd so they could end up everywhere! :(

The bush fire brigades left risk reduction burnoffs WAY TOO LATE YET AGAIN.

Should have been burning off right through winter IMO.

I'd bet most if not all the fires today were started by firebugs / bored school kids.

My house is fine and goats are fine thank god. A house Burnt down on my street though which is terrible. Too close for comfort imo. The fire is contained in marsden park now. I'm going to go for a drive tomorrow along the bush and have a little wander to see if there is any injured wildlife that needs helping. Hoping and praying that everyone else is safe! If you need any assistance in the hawkesbury area I can come out and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back