Urgent notice - lost black headed python - please help me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortevicar

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
URGENT NOTICE!!!!!!!

Ursula, my Black Headed Python has gone missing. She was locked in her enclosure on 7 September Saturday night, but the following morning she was gone. We have turned the house upside down. She has used the dog door to get out previously so I think she may have exited into the backyard. We have checked the yards of neighbors but cannot locate her.

As we are still unsure of how she escaped (the enclosure was still locked the following morning and there are no holes or anywhere she could have escaped from) - if anyone has her or sees her I am offering an extremely large reward for her safe return - no questions asked and complete anonymity is guaranteed - as you can see from the photos below she has unique markings (she is a Mottled Ocellated Blood).

If anyone has any advice, telephone numbers etc that we can call that would be appreciated. We are based in Avondale Heights, Victoria (North West suburbs of Melbourne).

I am incredibly distressed and will appreciate any help; if you can share this with anyone else I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Morris 0406 165 055

photo3.jpg

1185574_513392948729517_2087924832_n.jpg

photo4.jpg

Hope you find her mate.1 thing tht gets me.if it was still locked how on earth did she get out?

Hope you find her mate.1 thing tht gets me.if it was still locked how on earth did she get out?

That is the one question I cannot answer and one that is rattling my brain. I just don't get how it happened.

I have the local paper coming over this afternoon - they are going to do an article to help me, which will hopefully spread the word in addition to the letter drops and posters I have put up in my area.

Yep the local paper will def help to get the word out

mate so sorry to hear of the situation? is there any background in her enclosure that she could have gotten behind? I remember my stimmie got behind the background and it was sealed in there? Work that one out. Anyways best of luck mate.

Sounds to me like you have a "friend" who may have taken a liking to her and rehomed her for you.

If she is in the backyard maybe stick some live mice/rats In a cage then it in a wooden box or dog kennel and place it in the back yard. maybe she will smell them out and end up chillen in the dark kennel?? Sounds like a long shot but..... you never know.

REALLY silly question, especially without seeing the enclosure, but if mcloughlin2 isn't correct, has she actually escaped her enclosure? If not behind the rock wall then in the roof where the lights are, behind the panels etc..

REALLY silly question, especially without seeing the enclosure, but if mcloughlin2 isn't correct, has she actually escaped her enclosure? If not behind the rock wall then in the roof where the lights are, behind the panels etc..

Doesn't seem silly. If its locked and thr is def no holes or exit points then some1
Has had to of unlocked and taken her or she has to be in the enclosure

Doesn't seem silly. If its locked and thr is def no holes or exit points then some1
Has had to of unlocked and taken her or she has to be in the enclosure

Thought it was just me but I would hope that the enclosure has been searched. Smaller pythons are so hard to find sometimes but this lady looks fairly big.

The enclosure has been turned inside out...I just don't get it. There is sign of forced entry into the house; but I would think that if the door was open on Sunday morning if I forgot to unlock it I would have remembered. I cannot think of anyone that knows I own this snake and my home address. The weird thing that tells me she may have been taken is that the base is covered with critter crumble - whenever she comes out of the enclosure by herself there is a heap of the crumble on the floorboards. On Sunday morning there was nothing.

I have Adam from The Lost Reptile Home coming over on Saturday to check my home and the neighbour's yards - hopefully I will find her.

You said there is signs of bne, ( don't know if you meant there wasn't signs?) So why didn't you call the cops? if they show their usual lackluster interest in such "trivial" things, you have to say "the snakes worth like $5000 as part of a breeding program" to get them interested.
That was Sunday, its now Wednesday...
I would get its fav food, tie it to a string and drag it to strategic locations with a hide, laying down a pretty good scent trail. You can always clean it up later... Don't know the layout of your place/yard but I'd set up a very good heat source strategicaly too in one or two places as well. Night time, maybe look in the tree branches. With it being cold you'd have a much better chance of it still being in your yard.
Advertiseing can be a doubled edged sword. I would go door to door with your imediate neighbours. Let them know 1. The place got broke into or ? 2. The snakes not dangerous so don't call a snake catcher or whoever else catches them down there and 3. Call you imediately. If they're guys, a couple of cartons might be comeing their way if they find it.

Beautiful snake, good luck finding it soon

I hope you find your BHP im getting my boy soon and am going to build his enclosure this makes me want to go all out and make sure I have every crack and lock on my enclosure, snakes are escape artist and they will try everything and anything to get out. I feel sorry for you. I would be so angry at myself if I left the cage unlocked.

No, she was not gravid. I did report it to the police but that was to inform them I'd lost her. I am going to get them around tomorrow to look at the house to see if there is any forced entry as I cannot see anything.

Hi everyone. I spoke with the police detectives. They found foreign fingerprints on the inside glass of Ursula's enclosure. They are not mine. And as I regularly cleaned the glass they have indicated that she was most likely stolen. I had a feeling this was the case. If this is the situation, I just hope that whoever has taken her is taking good care of her - the care that she deserves. To that person, I hope you understand what pain, sorrow and sadness you have placed on me. You stole my companion - my friend. And you had no right to do that. If you have any decency inside yourself you'd return to me. She belongs with me.

If someone has taken her I will still offer a reward of $1,000 with COMPLETE ANONYMITY - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I have attached a flyer – if you could share it it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Morris

View attachment Ursula Stolen.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back