MBD Lacie just past away :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some of you will remember my Lace Monitor with Metabolic Bone Disease.

I was about to do an update on how great she was doing, but unfortunately, she past away tonight. :cry:
She suddenly went very downhill today, she was very limp and getting worse. I got her to a vet where she was treated with both calcium and antibiotics, but obviously, it didn't work.

The vet made a good point, that her internal organs could have been permanently damaged from the MBD and it would simply be a matter of time until she crashed, but she never had blood tests, so I guess I will never know.

I sat with her for as long as possible, until that sparkle in her eye disappeared and it was obvious she had past.

This is a very sad day for me, reptile keeping will never be the same. She was very special to me, I put so much work into her, and I couldn't imagine a day without her.

This is the last photo I took of her.
Just chillen on one of our regular walks.
60D03843-D2AD-4639-B787-C6666847DFC5-39475-000045AC036728AF_zps6ba4cc78.jpg

She will always have a special place in my heart.

Goodbye Lacey. You will be missed dearly.
d9fdf70d.jpg

She was lucky to have you to take care of her and to give her the best life she could have.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.
I would be getting a necropsy just so you know what sort of damage may have been done or if it was something else. Totally up to you of course, but i would be inquisitive.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.
I would be getting a necropsy just so you know what sort of damage may have been done or if it was something else. Totally up to you of course, but i would be inquisitive.

I'm not getting one done on her. She was family and at the end of the day, she had pretty significant problems, which could have easily been the cause of death.
So I think it's a pretty safe bet that her pre-existing problems had something to do with it. It's just a shame she only made it to 3 years old.

Gosh mate, that's devestating :( My deepest condolences for the loss of such a gorgeous little Lacie.
It's so hard when you see them go straight infront of you, deepest condolences once again :cry:

RIP Little Lacie <3

Sorry to hear about this, mate. Especially after PMing you about her recently. Losing a lacie would be like losing a dog. They're more than just a lizard. It's a shame, but at least you gave her all the attention she needed and deserved.

Bloody hell. Big loss for everyone who followed the story, she will be widely missed and long remembered.

Well now I have to buy the books she's in. Both Dr Danny Browns book and Dr Robert Johnson's. only problem, is Danny's book is around $300 :( not sure how much Roberts book is.

Really sad to hear. How lucky was she to have a lovely, caring human to look after her and make her life the best possible.....kudos to you :)

"This is a very sad day for me, reptile keeping will never be the same. She was very special to me, I put so much work into her, and I couldn't imagine a day without her."

Hi mate, sorry to hear that, but don't be like that. Her number was up from the get go, I followed your posts and care etc from when you got her. You did absolutely everything anyone could do, thats keeping reptiles (or any animal really).
Caring for that lacie helped you too...don't waste that.

What a lucky little lacey that she had you to care for her. Sorry for your loss, I can only imagine the devastating loss, she sounds very special.

"This is a very sad day for me, reptile keeping will never be the same. She was very special to me, I put so much work into her, and I couldn't imagine a day without her."

Hi mate, sorry to hear that, but don't be like that. Her number was up from the get go, I followed your posts and care etc from when you got her. You did absolutely everything anyone could do, thats keeping reptiles (or any animal really).
Caring for that lacie helped you too...don't waste that.

I'm not saying I'm giving up on reptiles, I will always love them. But it's going to be very different for me and my collection, because I would get her out almost every day.
She would wonder through the house or in the back yard and would always come when I called her. She would crawl over me until she was board, then she would walk herself back to her enclosure and go to sleep (sometimes sleep on me).

We entertained each other, and in my crippled state from spinal surgery, she has been my best friend. It was almost like she knew I was in pain and wanted to try and make me feel better.

Thats so sad. Respect and condolences. Losing animals is never easy and even more so in this case. :(

so sorry to hear she passed, you did everything you could and you were there for her till the end and she knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back