Laminating snake sheds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
G'day

I got a perfect shed from my diamond python yesterday. No rips, holes or pieces missing, absolutely perfect. The shed is about 2.8m long so i'm keen to preserve it and put it on the wall. Ive seen sheds laminated before and they looked great.

Anyone have any advice on doing this or know anyone in Brisbane who can laminate it for me?

Any help would be great, cheers

Hamish

I've often wondered whether you would be able to generate enough heat from a house hold iron to seal a laminate sheet. You could give it a try with some leaves or something and if it works then cut the joined end of some A4 sheets (in your case quite a few!) and hey presto you're away...

You could do it with a roll laminator if you could access one

you could get this done at officeworks or a print and copy store, that is if they will touch it. laminating always has risks of tears, depending on who does it. Not sure how it would turn out though, as it will likely trap air bubbles.

(worked at officeworks years ago)

Hi Hamish. You sure you don't wanna give it to me? Manda.

- - - Updated - - -

Just joking, I know you want it. I don;t know about laminating them in one big long go, as I've only ever done A4 sheets worth. But some printing places offer laminating by the meter. If you didn't want to do that you could always buy a frame that would be big enough and put it under glass.

A guy i met earlier this year has a laminated scrub python shed on his wall. It is around 5m long and is laminated in one long piece. Thats where i got the idea, so i know it is possible haha. For now i have it safely rolled up in my room so i'm happy to wait until i find the best way to do it.

As people have mentioned, i am worried about it tearing so i want to get someone who is confident in laminating large things to do it. I made one call today after work but they wouldn't touch it, so i will keep googling places in Brisbane and see what i find.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7271.jpg

Here's a pic of her shed. All 2.8m of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back