Tiger's New Enclosure :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrx-chick

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for all of the replies in my other threads about upgrading the enclosure for my son's Bluey...

I kept looking, and found a new URS double large enclosure on Gumtree, for a great price. Got there today, and it was still shrink wrapped and sitting on the box.

So, after getting it home, and adding a few new bits and pieces, Tiger has a great new spacious home!

20130914_133302.jpg

Nice enclosure. There are a couple things I would change though. The first thing I would do would be to put a background up on atleast the back, preferably 3 sides. I would move it away from the window. in the summer it can overheat, it can get to cold in the winter also. I would also add another hide on the hot side.

Regards, Patrick

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.
I am trying to find a background that will fill at least the back - at 122x60cm, most of the ones I have seen are too small...

Will have to think hard about where else we could put it, our house is not that big, and trying to find somewhere it will fit, and close to power is an issue. We were going to put it in another room against a wall, but that room gets really hot in summer as it is at the front of our house, and faces due west... The room the enclosure is in at the moment is in the middle of the house...

I thought the light cage was a little big, but unsure as to what light fitting to use, as the lid is mesh... The clamp light is sitting on a bracket that hubby made and put in the corner of the lid...

Thanks

Amy

Thanks for the feedback.
I am trying to find a background that will fill at least the back - at 122x60cm, most of the ones I have seen are too small...

Will have to think hard about where else we could put it, our house is not that big, and trying to find somewhere it will fit, and close to power is an issue. We were going to put it in another room against a wall, but that room gets really hot in summer as it is at the front of our house, and faces due west... The room the enclosure is in at the moment is in the middle of the house...

I thought the light cage was a little big, but unsure as to what light fitting to use, as the lid is mesh... The clamp light is sitting on a bracket that hubby made and put in the corner of the lid...

Thanks

Amy

You can use contact paper. I use black contact paper on the glass enclosures I use for some of my geckos. Its cheap and effective.

Hey Amy,

Your tank looks amazing! What substate are u using?

Hi,

Thanks guys :) My son named him Tiger cause of his stripes... was his birthday present in April. He was in a baby 2ft x 1ft tank until today...

Am currently using the Earthwise Kidsafe Softfall from Bunnings, but finished the bag in the new enclosure, and can't get it anymore... so next time it gets cleaned out, will probably be Kritter's Krumble...?

Will investigate backgrounds further, and any other light fittings we could use instead of the cage..

Thanks

Amy

P.S Tiger might be the first reptile in our house, but really don't think he will be the last, my son was very upset when I told him that the little tank wasn't suitable for a snake! :)

I've seen that softfall stuff from bunnings.actually saw it there today when getting a few things.i started a thread about it and asked if anyone had used it inside a snake enclosure

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen that softfall stuff from bunnings.actually saw it there today when getting a few things.i started a thread about it and asked if anyone had used it inside a snake enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back