Leatherback Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
I am fascinated that leatherback and other bearded dragon mutations like silkback, hypo and translucent have started to become more commonplace in Australia in the last couple of years, with this coming breeding season set to be the best yet with hatchlings of these genotypes.
Who here is breeding to produce some of these newer mutations this current breeding season? I am afraid I am not. :)

Last edited:
i know that mummabear and flaviruthless will have some but you will have to be quick as i know they have a few ppl on a waiting list already greg
i think the average price on a hyportrans LB will be around 2k each

Last edited:
Yikes! Really? I'm not into the hypo or trans, so I guess the challenge will be to find one that is just a plain leatherback, although a nice red colour would be great!

Been getting smuggled in pre commonly last few years, feel sorry for the people who buy the first lot of them for the ridiculous prices when they're first openly advertised.

Been getting smuggled in pre commonly last few years, feel sorry for the people who buy the first lot of them for the ridiculous prices when they're first openly advertised.

Not all being sold were from smuggled stock, you clearing havent been following many breeders. I know of a few that had the leathers come through totally randomly from clutches of normals, its about time we had them here in oz i reckon.

Rick

Not all being sold were from smuggled stock, you clearing havent been following many breeders. I know of a few that had the leathers come through totally randomly from clutches of normals, its about time we had them here in oz i reckon.

Rick
Been here a while my friend.

I bred a few of these a few years back and now the babies I sold off are producing eggs now I don't know why people think they where smuggeled?

Normal leatherbacks will be an average price this season, its the three and four gene animals that will demand the higher prices in the years to come,
Jake

what makes everyone think they are all smuggled in ?don't you think we are capable of breeding our own?the yanks aren't the only ones who can do things like this

i'm pretty sure that someone would have smuggled in a hypotrans leatherback as the chances of breeding the exact same morph's over here without being smuggled in would be pretty doubtfull, now they are here ppl in oz are breeding them 2

I'm a noob with herps, and am currently researching beardies, so I won't be ready to buy one any time soon, but I was wondering:

A) What does hypo and translucent mean?
B) Generally speaking how much are leatherbacks?
C) At what age do you generally see the true colour come through?

Sorry if this is considered rude off topic, etc... if it is, please just ignore my post! :oops:

I'm a noob with herps, and am currently researching beardies, so I won't be ready to buy one any time soon, but I was wondering:

A) What does hypo and translucent mean?
B) Generally speaking how much are leatherbacks?
C) At what age do you generally see the true colour come through?

Sorry if this is considered rude off topic, etc... if it is, please just ignore my post! :oops:

hypomelanistic means reduced or no black
leatherbacks go for $1000-2000
colour varies,some are brilliant at birth,some colour up more everytime they shed

hypomelanistic means reduced or no black
leatherbacks go for $1000-2000
colour varies,some are brilliant at birth,some colour up more everytime they shed

Thanks this was really helpful!... I was considering maybe getting a leatherback, but I can see that they are well out of my price range. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back