Would you buy this book?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a book of stories about a snake catcher?

• Yes

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipidee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would you consider buying a new book telling the stories of a high-profile Aussie snake catcher/keeper?

Sorry, can't go into specifics as this will breach forum rules re advertising, but if you could indicate above by choosing yes or no.

My concern is if reading a whole book on this topic wouldn't get boring, how many ways can you read about catching snakes before you are just reading more of the same. I'm not trying to put you off it just voicing my opinion.

If I saw it for sale I would most likely flick through it quickly and then make up my mind so I'm a fence sitter.

Depends what it is about. If it is about retelling stories that has happened over the years I would definitely buy it as it would be funny and interesting to read about his experiences. If it's just a how to book probably not.
Cheers Cameron

Thanks for the feedback so far folks. really appreciate it.

No, it wouldn't be a "how to" book. Again, I can't say too much without breaching forum rules, but the book would cover a range of aspects of the life of a snake catcher/breeder. Funny stories, serious stories, the bizarre, the scary and busting a few myths. It's a very diverse and interesting series of yarns. Plus some amazing photography.

Then I would certainly buy it, sounds very interesting. Mind PMing me the title so I can have a look into it?
Cheers Cameron

Sounds like it would be a good read... just along as it isnt a 'how to book'... :L Can you PM the title too pleaaaaaaaasssseee :)

Hi (again),

Sorry, can't PM details at the moment. I promise I will put up a general message and PM people when and if someone decides to publish the book. Once again, I will keep in line with forum rules.

Oh... I thought the book was already published... So, what is it just a thought in somebodies head???

Oh... I thought the book was already published... So, what is it just a thought in somebodies head???

No no, it's in the works. The challenge is trying to convince mainstream publishers of the merit of such a book. If we can prove there is a market, it's more likely to be picked up. Hence the survey.

Oh okay, fair enough... I just thought it was already done, is there any other books like this around? Good luck with with it anyways... :)

I think that's a good idea, a few of the best stories from others would make it interesting.

I think I would, as long as there are funny bit's about when he was bit on the $#@% and it was also educational !!

please insert finger or toe ($#@%) here

Last edited by a moderator:
Title not finalised yet. And yes, it will be entertaining and educational.

No.I would"nt buy it. Why would I??????? What exactly does it offer? Educational how???? What new knowledge can you offer? What is the main purpose of the publication? what audience are you aiming at?

No.I would"nt buy it. Why would I??????? What exactly does it offer? Educational how???? What new knowledge can you offer? What is the main purpose of the publication? what audience are you aiming at?

I think all of that is answered (all be it, in short). I have missed where it was claimed to be educational? Why so touchy?

Thanks for the feedback so far folks. really appreciate it.

No, it wouldn't be a "how to" book. Again, I can't say too much without breaching forum rules, but the book would cover a range of aspects of the life of a snake catcher/breeder. Funny stories, serious stories, the bizarre, the scary and busting a few myths. It's a very diverse and interesting series of yarns. Plus some amazing photography.

Sounds promising. Agree with others that more than one subject would be great too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Woah... Not all books are educational and offer knowledge... It was never stated that it had both... It could be an interesting read on some stories of a snake catcher, what else? So are you saying that all books have to have that sort of criteria met?

Depends on who it is about.
If it is about a well respected high profile catcher/keeper then possibly.
If it is about a self proclaimed high profile catcher/keeper that has lost all respect from the community, then no....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back