Cape York carpet locales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazingMorelia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the variety lf carpets in the Cape York and I was wondering if people knew of what locales are currently been bred in private collections? Im not so much interested in the Jungle side of things (Julats, Cape Tribs etc) but the carpets that dont really fit into pure jungle or pure coastal but look like intergrades of them and also Darwins.
There is Wenlock River, Archer river, Mareebas I can think of off the top, but what else do people kniwof? Of course photos would be appreciated.
Thx

Okay so ill try again, see if there is anymore interest.
So from what I have kept, Archer River are similar to a Darwin in looks, bit more red/brown than orange. They have bigger heads and far far more docile in nature. Bamaga locale tend to have more reduced patterns, little less Darwin type, and similar to Wenlocks. Again very dovile with boofy heads. Wenlock Rivers similar to Bamagas, reduced patterns and can be darker of lighter in colour.
Mareebas do qualify as Cape Yorks, but are on the lower South East part of it. They can have some stunning black and whites which could pass off as Cape Tribs or Julattens. Very jungle looking, yet there are no jungles in Mareeba that I know of?
So what other localities are been kept in collections and what are they like?

wow that's pretty interesting

I always thought I only had wenlock rivers...

2 bought as wenlock rivers
Sire - Arkillis.jpgPRE LAY SLOUGH 5th Sep 2013 (7).JPG

1 bought as a cape York (no specific location added to her location and she is more reduced colouring like the big male I purchased from URS
PRE LAY SLOUGH 14th Sep 2013 (1).jpg

and another that is B&W Cape York
DSCF8276.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back