new snake problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thanks guys, will defiantly be looking to get another snake from you guys when this guy moves out.

maybe go with a breeder that gives you all the records inc what they are feeding on. These problems would happen if the correct sales advise is given instead of just after a quick sale.

- - - Updated - - -

they can be a pain to get started sometimes but once feeding they are generally food crazy, will eat the rat, thongs and your hand if you aren't careful lol

Last edited:
Shouldnt a snake of that size be on bigger food than mice, or isnt it on rats because its cheaper for the breeder?

If that was the case I bet you would have never heard of it...
No I wasn't given any details on feeding history until i called, the reason why i had so much trouble is because i assumed it would fed on rats because olives are big enough to take rats right out of the egg, I was quite surprised to find it was fed mice, although there is no problems now ( he just took his second thawed mouse:D) I may find difficulties in the future when he gets much too large for mice, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Let him settle him a bit and then try scenting the mice. Better you get him on rats now than later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back