Last weekend on Coroboree

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A houseboat on Coroboree Billabong on the Mary River floodplains. Wonderful! A misty sunrise

DSC_0243_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0251_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0255_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0261_edited-1.jpg

Then the sun burns through and we're on our way again

DSC_0281_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0303_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0318_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0323_edited-1.jpg

Giant Love birds
DSC_0333_edited-1.jpg

Northern Water Dragon
DSC_0368_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0356_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0443_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0413_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0396_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0461_edited-1.jpg

2 days of Food for the Soul!

Attachments

• DSC_0257_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0257_edited-1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 116
Listen ,, unless you can put some spectacular or at least sensational pics up don't bother

SHUT UP YOU IDIOT they are brilliant !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beaut pics Steve. I particularly like the atmospheric shots, where you've captured something of the sublime nature of country.
It's great to hear you're getting back out into the bush where you belong.

Last edited:
Beaut pics mate!
It's great to hear you're getting back out into the bush where you belong.

Cheers cobber. On the mend. New excellent job. About to pick up an old 80 series cruiser. Life's good!

80??? You must need comfort old fella!
Thanks for sharing the photos, the place looks very crocadyllic!

Many crocs in this system, water is warm at the moment so we didn't see many.
Such a beautiful place.

Nothing wrong with 80's landcruisers, my dad still has his 81 cruiser he bought in 83,in Sydney, that he drove from Sydney to Kalgoorlie, all the way up the west coast with two kids and a dog that went off her nut every time we went over a cattle grid, the scenic route, during the floods, to Karratha, and on to some horror " Tracks" out to Gove, my mum never let go of the panic bar...back across to Karratha a few years later after exploring every nook and cranny around Gove, and over to Mt Isa for a few more years, and now it's in Mareeba still being used and still in pretty good nick, it's probably in better nick than me lol...

The cruisers got soft after the 80 series. The 1HZ is bulletproof. Some vehicles in Arnhem Land are still going strong on 120k. And down in Mexico I can get one with all the bells and whistles, low kms and they've done no hard yards! And cheap! You dont buy a 4WD in Darwin. They've all been flogged!

Hahaha dad said the same thing when he decided we were going back to Gove, He said the city vehicles don't get flogged as much, so he went all the way to Sydney, test drove it across the Nullarbor back to Kalgoorlie lol, no trouble till Carnarvon where the coil died ...

The cruisers got soft after the 80 series. The 1HZ is bulletproof. Some vehicles in Arnhem Land are still going strong on 120k. And down in Mexico I can get one with all the bells and whistles, low kms and they've done no hard yards! And cheap! You dont buy a 4WD in Darwin. They've all been flogged!

I agree. I had a few cruisers bj40, fj 45's and now the HDJ78R troopy. Don't tell me missus, but its the love of my life......true heartfelt love..! Spent 2 mths in Cape york this time last year and did over 2000klms in 4wd. the only loose nut I found was on the bash plate that I made and installed! Its actually pretty comfortable too, considering it was stock. Mind you, its not stock anymore!

Glad you are out of the flat and back into the bush. With views like that, you will be back to top shape in no time! Glad we only have Eastern water dragons around my place. I have shared the pool with an Eastern, but would give that northern one wide berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back