Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of uncomfortable Stimmies...

Attachments

• IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 127
31 days after prelay now and still waiting Pythonmother.:(

You must be absolutely at your wits' end! I imagine it is hard not to check every hour. :) I hope she lays soon for you. Mine went 28 days this time, but has been shorter in the past.

That is a very beautiful wheatbelt stimmy MattG. I hope she has a good clutch.

Flaviruthless, thats a stunning animal, it makes me want a beardie.

My axanthic pinstripe (as seen in the bhp thread) ovulating a few weeks ago, she is now nice & plump and opaque- gearing up for her prelay slough. She was paired up with my pinstripe het boy. Both were bred by Neil Sonnemann in his last season before his retirement. Its her first breeding season and I cant wait to see what I get out of it.
a7amave4.jpg

y9yqa5a6.jpg

A shot of her in her prime...and a bit of armhair for good measure.
2erygaqy.jpg

Wishing everyone a successful season.
Aaron

Last edited:
You are right python mum. This time of year is exiting for me. First time albino. I have lot of other snakes ready to drop. Some blackheaded pythons and some woma girls are about to drop. but it is first time for my albino girl.
I am sure that all will be just fine.

My black and gold girl is coming up to pre lay in the next week or two.
What does everyone use in there lay boxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep the thread on track I have sent a PM about the layboxes

This girl got sorted on many occasion by my male but don't think she took....oh well next yr....its a bit confusing cause she definitely larger
9732326051_ecfc90da8a_c.jpg

This girl got sorted on many occasion by my male but don't think she took....oh well next yr....its a bit confusing cause she definitely larger
9732326051_ecfc90da8a_c.jpg

She looks Gravid to me .... can you see the skin between the scales down her lower half ? how long ago did she prelay ??

She looks Gravid to me .... can you see the skin between the scales down her lower half ? how long ago did she prelay ??
She shed 12 days ago... But she taking small meals.... Tho I must say she has grown heaps without food during winter and also if I get her out on a flat surface she s very oval from mid down.... I don't know I thought it would be obvious but I take it at times it's not.... If she is they must be small eggs lol

She shed 12 days ago... But she taking small meals.... Tho I must say she has grown heaps without food during winter and also if I get her out on a flat surface she s very oval from mid down.... I don't know I thought it would be obvious but I take it at times it's not.... If she is they must be small eggs lol

You may be surprised how well they fit those eggs in... I'm betting she will lay a good clutch for you from the pic you have posted.

BTW she is still an absolute STUNNER of a Wheaty

Last edited:
You may be surprised how well they fit those eggs in... I'm betting she will lay a good clutch for you from the pic you have posted.

BTW she is still an absolute STUNNER of a Wheaty
All other pics of people's stimis r fat lol.... She is far from fat just filled out and grown.... Got me stumped.... Thanks Kirt .... Yes she has darkened a bit with age tho :)

yeah I'd say not to rule her out yet, keep an eye on her and record when she sheds and if she goes well and truly past the number of days till she's supposed to lay then better luck next season.

Medusa - Wenlock River Cape York Carpet Pre Lay sloughed just now and with it has had a colour change gorgeous!!
PRE LAY SLOUGH 14th Sep 2013 (1).jpgPRE LAY SLOUGH 14th Sep 2013 (4).JPG

My pilbara Stimsons girl just laid. Im going with maternal incubation this time around and have her lay box at 30c and outside temp 35c. Im not about to uncoil her to count the eggs. Does anybody know if its ok to write up I clutch of eggs in the dse book? Ive always incubated them individually in the past and its never come up.

Thats great!
Im sure the eggs are in good hands.
Keep us posted on what happens

zujeduhy.jpg

Fresh skin and the belly is up...signs of good things to come.

Still no signs like belly up but gets sensitive to touch...any ideas guys to if she is or not?...im stumped lol
9829565513_03d6a077d7_c.jpg
9829467444_39306913c4_c.jpg

looks like it to me, how long ago did you introduce them? she could be early days yet. I only have Morelia's and Aspidites but I do introductions over a 2 month period and see loads of mating I keep placing them together till there is little to no mating happening or interest in the pairs. you girl could be gravid or she could be earlier like ovulation but something is defiantly happening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back