My Bredlis will not breed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unkle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm trying for a first breed this year with my pair of Bredlis. Male is four years and the female is five.
I've been dropping temps overnight, falling to around 16-17c, with day temps around 26c.

I've been introducing the male into the female's enclosure for the past couple of weeks for a day or two at a time. However neither seem to take up much breeding interest. The male explores the enclosure and then after some time they just curl up in a pile together under a heat light. The female seems fairly oblivious to the male's presence. I've attached a photo of their current position. This is how every introduction ends up.

Any thoughts? I've been doing plenty of reading/research and think I've been pretty careful to follow the most widely accepted methods.

hi-uG_GLGa0k9tBNVWRuvaiBA5cCwk7_PEXE9vXMMkw,6H_74gedAIWhpM1UOUUijI6EYcs7RWLRGNwIMnloUvc.jpg

They will kick into gear mud September ... They r late like diamonds ... Mine r doing exactly the same... Patience it's very early days

OK good news. Should I continue to introduce them intermittently until then? Or wait a few more weeks?

Mine r together at the mo and once they start I will give them week on week off... But people do it lots of different ways... One of the bigger breeders might wana suggest at there way with Bredli?

Last edited:
36c not 26c day temps & put them together 1st. Sept through to mid Sept. solar 17 ps my Bredli will bask @ near 40c for hours and hours on end when they have a choice as my enclosures are floor to ceiling with the lower level being @ room temps and my biggest two girls produce 35 - 43 eggs when paired....

I dont feed mine from may to September. Mid winter temps are heat on for 5hrs per day at 34c and no heat the rest of the day or night. The room drops down to around 10c at night. Never had a problem breeding them. Bredlis are late breeders so dont expect eggs any time soon .
Keep in mind they are not as popular as they used to be and my may not be able to get rid of them except maybe $20each at a petshop.

mine started last week and wont stop, they really seem to be enjoying themselves so i figured the damage is done now so let them have their fun.
I didnt cool them, so hopefully there wont be eggs,.....would she already be knocked up or is it worth being a killjoy? (seperating them)

She will still produce eggs but his sperm won't be as good, cooling is mainly for the males

oh well, if eggs are coming regardless i'll let them continue on their merry way,..see what happens. If she lays, i'll let her incubate them herself, ive always wanted to try that,....

they boy may have cooled himself, ambient temps got down to single figures, but the heat panel is on 24/7.

anyway, thanks and sorry to hijack!! :p

Here's an update:

No change :(
I've been reintroducing the pair but the male still spends his time exploring the enclosure before curling up and going to sleep. The female gives the male a couple of licks before going about her usual business.

Any thoughts?

Are they proven to be male and female ? Have they bred before ? They could possibly be the same sex ?

Yeah I suspect they must be. Never proven, only told by the seller. Guess one of the sellers got me a good one.

I'd get them re-probed. Pythons are often sexed incorrectly if they are the same sex it doesn't necessarily mean the previous owners have done anything shifty.

It would be worth your while to get them sexed... One of the first things you want to do when you want to breed them. Not like two of the same sex will ever breed. Might stop you scratching your head for a while if there are the same sex :p Good Luck

Maybe he should try buying her dinner first, some females are just funny like that :) .......................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back