Any Fishermen????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan.C

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys do a bit of fishing?? Its to hard on my other fishing forum and this one but I like this one better, to be switching backwards and forwards... If any of you guys do, you should post a picture of you PB....

This is not my PB but I will have a dig around to find some more....
14mazkk.jpg

Last edited:
I used to do a fair bit of fishing but haven't been out in a long long time

This is my workmate and the fish that he caught.

Attachments

• 580442_10151365084554422_888200906_n.jpg
    580442_10151365084554422_888200906_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 184
I catch a cold, every time without fail.... That is all... I dream of catching a fish, any fish, if I reel the bait back in, I get excited if its still on the hook.... It never is...

I catch a cold, every time without fail.... That is all... I dream of catching a fish, any fish, if I reel the bait back in, I get excited if its still on the hook.... It never is...

I get eaten alive by sand flies and I'm allergic... So I come back from fishing with no food and covered head to toe in welts :/

I love how when I go fishing, there's not a bite to be had by me, yet one person can stand 1 metre away, cast in the same area as me, using my bait, and reel in a big delicious fish.... And I cast where they were, nothing... It's like the fish swims up to my bait, says to itself "that's Simons bait, never gonna happen, let's eat that other bait with the big hook, just cos its not his!!!!!" It's fish mind games at their best!!!!

This is another workmate who caught this last week up at Fraser Island.
y4e9u6an.jpg

These are a few Yellowtailed Kingfish that I caught offshore at Tweed Heads.
yvuryta8.jpg

a few photos.unfortunatly lost alot of photos when our computer crashed

- - - Updated - - -

few more

Attachments

• fishing-mack1.jpg
    fishing-mack1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 109
  • P2270178.jpg
    P2270178.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 114
  • P2270171.jpg
    P2270171.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 112
  • P2270172.jpg
    P2270172.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 108
  • P2270174.jpg
    P2270174.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 116
  • P2270175.jpg
    P2270175.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 105
  • P2270180.jpg
    P2270180.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC01207.jpg
    DSC01207.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8486.jpg
    IMG_8486.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8480.jpg
    IMG_8480.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 114
  • P9100711.jpg
    P9100711.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 119
  • brazilpirhana1.jpg
    brazilpirhana1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 116
  • brazilpirhana2.jpg
    brazilpirhana2.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 132
  • fishing-bass1.jpg
    fishing-bass1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 127
Id love to do one of those trips in NT where they fly you around in a helicopter to remote lagoons to fish for barra :3 The dreams I have :p

Nice snap Tristan, big bump on his head. I'm a mad keen fisho myself and usually get out 2-3 days a week for a fish on the bay.

This is a shovel nosed ray that I caught between Russell Island and South Stradbroke Island.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 156
Andy - Poor thing. hope you put it back ungaffed. IMO one of the most inoffensive critters in the sea.

And just quietly putting up pictures of other people's fish is poor form. Get your own.

Last edited:
Poor thing. hope you put it back ungaffed. IMO one of the most inoffensive critters in the sea.

And just quietly putting up pictures of other people's fish is poor form. Get your own.
No I didn't put it back, they are really nice eating and it was eaten. I put up two pictures of me holding my fish and two of mates fish that they caught. Not sure why you see that as poor form as I am not claiming them as my own and I was just proud of their efforts.

Fair enough. Even the countrymen here dont target shovelnose as food. Must be blessed with a superior choice I guess. It ****es me when people pose with other people's fish (which you didn't do.) Bragging rights belong to the one who reels it in.

Andy - Poor thing. hope you put it back ungaffed. IMO one of the most inoffensive critters in the sea.

Come on guys really -.- already... I just wanted to see pictures of you guys with fish and stories, not your ethics on fish.
White spot shovel nose are honestly one of the best eating fish out... What's the difference between eating a mackerel to a shovel nose?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice snap Tristan, big bump on his head. I'm a mad keen fisho myself and usually get out 2-3 days a week for a fish on the bay.

Yeah thanks mate. It was a horse of a fish to pull up, ended up going 8.8kg. Yeah I love to fish the northern end of the bay, but the fishery there is starting to die... Im actually heading up to gladestone in the morning, so I should come back on Tuesday with some more pictures :3

Fair enough. Even the countrymen here dont target shovelnose as food. Must be blessed with a superior choice I guess. It ****es me when people pose with other people's fish (which you didn't do.) Bragging rights belong to the one who reels it in.
I hate other people taking credit for stuff that others have done and there was even a thread about that just the other day about a snake breeder posting pictures of the works of someone else. I don't ever target shovels but when I catch them which isn't that often I will eat them , they have a really firm white flesh with a fairly neutral flavour that goes well with spices or marinade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back