Wild M.s.mcdowelli?? ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow beautiful coastals!!, More Pics Please!

Methinks some hybridisation has occurred with these animals.

Hybridisation?? your joking right? Do you have any idea where Toowoomba is? No other subspecies are found within 300km+ of this area! These animals are all 100% pure natural made Morelia spilota mcdowelli! Or are you insinuating something else?? Personal attacks are a breach of this forms rules aren't they?

I simply offered my opinion.
Ok no worries mate. what made you think there has been hybridisation then? As a mod you should know the difference between a hybrid and a natural intergrade and these are all wild animals not one captive amongst them, do you mean integration or that somebody has gone out into the wild and hybridised them somehow?

Natural colour variations within reptile species is quite common
I doubt that any snake species anywhere on Earth is of uniform colour or pattern

That is where most of the colour morphs started out
It is only the more extreme ones that cannot be found wild

Ok no worries mate. what made you think there has been hybridisation then? As a mod you should know the difference between a hybrid and a natural intergrade and these are all wild animals not one captive amongst them, do you mean integration or that somebody has gone out into the wild and hybridised them somehow?

Bushman is very knowledgeable but don't assume that all mods know much more than the basics.

To me these look like natural variation that you can find in Coastal Carpet pythons.
This variation can be any colour and pattern etc.

Also unless you actually lived in a area over about 5 to 10 years and had seen hundreds on specimens etc
Then that person would be able to give a opinion on what the local carpet pythons look like etc,

Good to see these beauties being relocated back into natural habitat.
Good job.

Cheers
Roger.

Last edited:
I know of a snake catcher that relocates hundreds of carpets a year and he has seen extreme hypos, caramels, reduced patterns, stripes, and some awesome colour phases.

The second python in the first post resembles a bredli to me but it may just be the light in the picture =)

Coastal carpets would be the most variable python in oz, probaly the world. They come in about every colour and pattern mix you can think of, (with in reason of course).
They all look like normal coastals to me.
Ive relocated coastals over the years that look like bredli, murry darlings, jungles etc all on the sunhine coast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back