Alright this is my set up? Care to poke holes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy_num

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
This is what I am purchasing from a good reptile/pet store for my spotted, still on the smallside, i think he's just over 6 months old:

> URS medium terrarium
> URS Mesh cover
> Exo terra repti glo 2.0 26w
> URS basic thermostat
> Reptile one heat mat 7w
> Kitty crumble 9L
> Trixie reptile thermo hydrometer

and of course my python :)

Im going to exchange the mesh cover and UV bulb towards a better thermostat and a heating light, I'll use my clamping desk lamp where ever the breathing mesh will be on the terrarium to make a basking spot, has an opaque cover on it to dull the light for me.

What does Aussie Pythons & Snakes think? A good beginners set up for a spotted? I've been informed here and else where I don't need a UV bulb because my type of python doesn't need them and he'll be out regularly and get at least 30 minutes of sun every two days, I will be upgrading as time goes on to better thermometers, nicer substrate and etc... Just waiting on a wholesale site to have the thermometer I want back in sale D:

Oh and thank you all for helping :D

Really all you need is a click clack for a 6 month old spotted and that will probably last at least six months. I am not sure on what size the URS medium terrarium is so can't comment of suitability but would be aiming for the only enclosure you buy is one that will be sufficient for your snake whilst it is full grown so you only buy one enclosure. Also whilst heat mats will be fine I would suggest that you go for a heat cord set up under a tile because they have less chance of failing.

^^^^^^ yup..... Move into a viv at about 12/18 months old depending on size ( that its been feeding well and grown)

Awesome thank you! I'm going to the store hopefully tomorrow or next day to see if they will be including the click clack he is in with the set up.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^ yup..... Move into a viv at about 12/18 months old depending on size ( that its been feeding well and grown)

I am better to keep him in the click clack for a couple more months then get the viv?

Awesome thank you! I'm going to the store hopefully tomorrow or next day to see if they will be including the click clack he is in with the set up.
There is a lot more benefits of a click clack than what I mentioned as well. If you use newspaper for substrate it is quick and easy to clean, less stressful on your reptile and takes less power to heat. The only downside i found was when you are new snake owner they are boring and not very impressive to show off your new reptile to mates but it is best for the reptile and easier on you. Don't forget a water bowl as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I am better to keep him in the click clack for a couple more months then get the viv?
Ill post some basic set up pics in the morn to give u a better idea ... K???

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 297189 <<< This is my spotted, if that helps <:D
And your pic don't work

If they wont supply you with one, its just a 7L tupperware container with holes in the sides and a rock, a little terracocca pot as a hide and newspaper as substrate...

Just make sure the heat mat is set via the thermostats @ 30/33..... And only place under a 3rd of the tub .... Ok ya all sorted and good Luck

Surely you can get something just as good or even better for way less than $123.... :O wow...

I very highly recommend getting a habistat thermostat, trust me it will save you a lot of stress over temps as a new keeper.

I very highly recommend getting a habistat thermostat, trust me it will save you a lot of stress over temps as a new keeper.
Yep habistat. Get a pulse proportional for cords or mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep habistat. Get a pulse proportional for cords or mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back