GTP yearling ready for his new home!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigsy

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I ve newly joined and must say its a great site to jump on! Love to see all the great collections and hope to breed snakes in the future.
Its now time for my gorgeous gtp to move house... it seemed like only yeste I picked him up from the airport in bris and he wrapped himself round the steering wheel for the drive home

I'm looking towards the pvc tanks and was hoping for some feedback from all the chondro experts.
I like the look of the ones they use in America, All black with the sliding glass front doors. Your better off to have more horizontal space than vertical for GTP's hey? Was thinking of about 1200 x 600 x 600, with heat mats and heat chords in the substrate for heat and humidity. Also with a uv fluoro for some live plants. By having live plants and soil this will keep humidity up too wont it? I'm living on the Gold Coast and have had sum cold winters, These pvc cages are good for storing heat and all round maintenance too yeah? I wonder how you would go getting them shipped from the states,?
Any advice or knowledge will be great..thanks heaps tigsy...be sure to post some pics soon

it seemed like only yeste I picked him up from the airport in bris and he wrapped himself round the steering wheel for the drive home

Oh dear.... another responsible snake keeper...

Jamie

Oh dear...lighten up mate. that was our instant bond session!

Sure it was - with you fully in control of neither the car nor your new snake. There are so many "what would have happened ifs..." when someone does something as stupid as driving on a public road with a snake hanging off the steering wheel - "I'm sorry officer I didn't see that kid on a bike because my snake dropped off the steering wheel onto the floor of the car and I was trying to find it because it could have got squashed when I braked..." You are not in control of the car and you are not in control of the snake when you use such poor judgement

Bonding indeed...

Jamie

PVC Reptile Enclosures are available in Aus, no need to ship from the states. PVC Reptile Cages | PVC Reptile Cages Australia :)

EDIT: I will also add that these cages should be perfect for GTPs :) The size you mentioned (4x2x2ft) should be perfect as a minimum for an adult. I have never personally owned a GTP but I know keepers have enclosures of that measurement.

*GTP owners please politely correct me if I am wrong :)

Last edited:
Gee yeah I guess your right Jamie, lets go through life , thinking of worst case scenario! Be sure to wrap yourself in cotton wool before you leave the house tomorrow ok

- - - Updated - - -

great thanks for that sharky. Will be a nice furniture piece in the house too!

Last edited:
Gee yeah I guess your right Jamie, lets go through life , thinking of worst case scenario! Be sure to wrap yourself in cotton wool before you leave the house tomorrow ok

- - - Updated - - -

great thanks for that sharky. Will be a nice furniture piece in the house too!

Well matey, I wouldn't care if it was just your wellbeing at stake, but your potential to damage others is of significance to all of us who use public roads. As far as "bonding" goes, I'm sure it was a hugely enriching experience for both of you, especially the snake. He would have been sooo grateful that you gave him the opportunity to "bond" with you in the first few minutes of your impending close relationship...

Just occasionally, worst case scenarios do happen... in circumstances just like this...

Jamie

Seriously Jamie do have nothing better do than put every down all the time. I imagine you as someone glued to there computer waiting for any comment that you can jump at. Go and enjoy life mate, better things to do stare at a computer all day pretending to know it all.

Seriously Jamie do have nothing better do than put every down all the time. I imagine you as someone glued to there computer waiting for any comment that you can jump at. Go and enjoy life mate, better things to do stare at a computer all day pretending to know it all.

Ha... maybe you're right... the roads should be infested with dudes driving with snakes on their steering wheels. I actually ride an extremely powerful motorcycle as my usual commute, and I rely on drivers being in full control at all times, but when people do this sort of thing, you realise you can't ever take anything (especially the good judgement of others using the roads) for granted.

I also note you have a total of 8 posts up here mate - have you read through all of my 3,824 posts to get a general idea of the tone of my posts? Sure I get a bit strident sometimes, but I don't easily tolerate fools especially when it comes to fools and show-offs with animals.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
For the sake of other road users (not everyone likes snakes) and the welfare of the animal please leave your bonding session until you reach the privacy of your own residence.

I believe all animals transported in vehicles must be contained safely....if you had an accident and you are left are unconscious how do you think your pet snake would fare ?

Possibly it would escape or someone might kill it thinking it had bitten you. Plus it gives other reptiles keepers a bad name for being irresponsible.

"Sorry Officer I was under the influence of my new python and I didn't see the other car"

I am sure there is a law covering loose animals in the vehicle

Just some points to consider

Cheers
Sandee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back