Hatchling racks. Information please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

I've always made my own racks. But I'm looking for something a little more professionally made.
I have been looking at the Vision hatchling rack, but I'm not convinced that Antaresia hatchlings wouldn't escape from them. I know a friend had adult stimis escape the 22 tub rack system not long ago.
Can anyone recommend a non DIY style hatchling rack? Can anyone comment on the Vision hatchling rack?

Also I want a system that uses tubs without lids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always made my own racks. But I'm looking for something a little more professionally made.
I have been looking at the Vision hatchling rack, but I'm not convinced that Antaresia hatchlings wouldn't escape from them. I know a friend had adult stimis escape the 22 tub rack system not long ago.
Can anyone recommend a non DIY style hatchling rack? Can anyone comment on the Vision hatchling rack?

Also I want a system that uses tubs without lids.

CHeck out snakewhisper.com.au

I have no personal experience with their products but i think they look awesome!
I'm still throwing up between buying one from them and building my own..

CHeck out snakewhisper.com.au

I have no personal experience with their products but i think they look awesome!
I'm still throwing up between buying one from them and building my own..

I think they died didn't they? Their web site is gone.

The website is snakewhisperer.com.au - but yes, I think Aaron no longer makes racks and/or enclosures.

I have never used a commercial rack before but know people who use Vision and Freedom Breeder racks and they have never had any escapees (hatchies or otherwise).

Also thinking about getting one of the Vision Hatchy Racks - any reviews about the security of the tubs would be much appreciated, as mentioned especially for small Antaresia hatchies?

I have heard a story of hatchling Antaresia being accidently killed on the hatchling Vision rack.This was because of sliding the tub out and not knowing that the tiny hatchy had his head up through a vent hole and was,i was told decapitated.I would only put yearling Antaresia in them to grow out.And i have had no escapes with adult Antaresia in V35 and V70 tubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have heard a story of hatchling Antaresia being accidently killed on the hatchling Vision rack.This was because of sliding the tub out and not knowing that the tiny hatchy had his head up through a vent hole and was,i was told decapitated.I would only put yearling Antaresia in them to grow out.And i have had no escapes with adult Antaresia in V35 and V70 tubs

They don't have vent holes do they?

Each shelf which doubles as the lid for the tub below has vent holes in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back