Rat and mice breeding shed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
Hey guy's well I'm expanding my rodent breeding to bigger and better things!
Well it all started like this!

I started to breed mice just for my snakes and a few mates for about a year until a very kind person gave me a massive rat and mice breeding set up with tubs, water nipples and about 15 rats and 30 mice!! I didn't have the room at the time so I took over my old bird aviary and the room down stairs! But as
More and more people wanting rats and mice I had to expand so I was waiting weeks to find the right shed to buy I don't want a to big
Of one that I had a heap of
Floor space wasted so I came to a conclusion where a 3.66x2.00 would be the best for what I wanted! So today my garden shed came from Brisbane so tomorrow I get to set it all up!
The planes are!
* paint it in a heat paint that doesn't make it get really hot
* spiny thing on the roof
* blue metal on the floor
* maybe insulation it!

Well stay tuned
erata3yh.jpg
shed is here

Thanks Blake

A lot of people leave the door off with a mesh cover to help cool them and I think the best thing is to keep the direct sun off it with some sort of cover like a cheap 3 x 3 gazebo.

If you have a local cabinetmaker see if they are willing to part with packing sheets. They make great shed insulation :)

Best thing you can do is insulate the shed and add a room A/C [ window rattler A/C ] connected to a 'cooling' thermostat and set it at 24c. I have done this and never lost a rat/mouse from the heat again. Also if you connect your water system up to an old toilet cistern at high level you can gravity feed the water in with no need to fill up water a large water tub daily.

See pic of my set up.

Attachments

• Iphone pics 036.JPG
    Iphone pics 036.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 116
well today I tried to set up the shed set up about 80% of it so tomorrow I will be doin the other 20% off it and painting it in a paint not sure might just be fence greed! paint!
but thanks for all the tips

@ congo_python do u have a closer pic of the water system is please?
and I was thinking aircon but I wanna try and keep the power bill Down but go u have your shed insulated

thanks Blake

pic tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back