Lost tail ...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordant

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I came home and my female southern spotted gecko was in shed and has lost her tail, i have no idea how, can anyone help me out ?

They usually only drop their tails if they're really upset. As you weren't home when it happened its hard to guess why

Hmmm If was it a regular shed or is she a bad shedder?
Sorry for your loss, I have never had a gek drop a tail but she will still be the same just with a less patterned tail

She is in the cage with a male, ido have heat on if that makes a diffrence, and nothing fell on it, she was in my water bowl and the tail was too..

Sounds like the male might have stressed her out (resulting in her dropping her tail).

Not really much you can do about the tail. It will grow back just not quite the same. If it was the male who stressed her out you may want to consider separating them just incase he causes any more stress on her.

Hmmm that is strange...
I had a large female which was domination the male, not the other way round!.
Since the breeding season is upon us the male must of been harassing her (or trying to mate with her) and she dropped it.
If you see any aggression it would be good to separate them.
Hope for the best,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back