Forbidden love

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopeht

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first time posting but I've been sneaking around on this site since the end of last year ;>
Today I visited Aussie Zoo for the first time in awhile and was surprised to see an albino Burmese python on display, I immediately fell in love with the animal and proceeded to sit by her/his enclosure and watched her/him sniff about (Friend had to drag me away aha). Now I have too much respect for Australia's eco system and natives to wish for them to be imported and kept as pets (alas some people don't....) But let's just say if I lived in another country I would definitely consider owning one. That being said, Australia definitely has the most stunning collection of native snakes in the world (in my opinion) and nothing can compare.
Anyway, thread about your forbidden loves? Exotic Snakes, lizards, geckos... I'm sorry if it's been touched upon before.

I've always loved those Madagascar Day Geckos & leopard geckos, so wish we could keep them in Australia. But our natives are just simply stunning!

Id like a cobra or an alligator... But not enough to keep one illegally or to move to another country, so I guess I'll just have to make do with seeing them at the zoo... I love our Aussie natives more anyway...

Definitely a Komodo. I have a real soft spot for the big guys :)

If I ever kept vens then it would be a Boomslang, Mangrove (for the pretty factor) and something ridiculous like a Bushmaster. I did say I like to dream big :D

Lucky for me we have the most beautiful pythons in the world and if I did want vens we have a gorgeous collection of those to choose from as well.

Last edited:
I've seen the before on YouTube, I would really like a monkey-tailed skink.
They look amazing.
But really there is no point for mysel to dribble over exotics if we will never be able to purchase them anyway.
But I am for Aussie species, would hate a foreign species to spread disease in Australia :(

I am a total noob (I haven't even gotten any herps yet, but I'm currently researching and deciding upon either a bluey or a beardie) so I couldn't have one at this point, even if I was able to, but I really love chameleons, especially the pygmys! They are just too cute! XD

Screen+shot+2010-09-22+at+8.41.12+PM2.png

I am a total noob (I haven't even gotten any herps yet, but I'm currently researching and deciding upon either a bluey or a beardie) so I couldn't have one at this point, even if I was able to, but I really love chameleons, especially the pygmys! They are just too cute! XD

Oh my golly gosh, that is the cutest itty bitty I've ever seen! Eeeek :D

Bushmaster, or Rough-scale bush viper (Atheris squamiger), perferably the red/orange form.

Chameleons seem to be popular and with good reason, such a beautiful and strange animal
Another one of my favourites would also be Tegu's! Who doesn't like a giant fat boofhead lizard?
tumblr_inline_msbh4d76rW1qz4rgp.jpg
Aaah I can dream

I'd love to keep a Burmese...shame they grow so massive.maybe a ball python or small boa

Thats one freaking huge finger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back