Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all im doing some research and trying to work out the best small snake to get. Ive had a stimmy....but didnt do much for me looks wise. I dont have the experience for a tree snake so that leaves me thinking I dont have many options left?
I prefer big snakes but long story short I have a neurotic mother inlaw so small it is. If only there were pigmy coastals lol

Any advice or opinions welcome. :)

Woma .....but there are some pretty good looking Ants being bred these days

I really like the wheatbelt stimsons , maybe midsreps could post a picture of one of his as they are really nice colours. Also the patternless childrens are quite nice.

I agree with Mid. How could you go past one of these?
Make sure you check out your localities though. Some of them get quite big.

IMG_1501.jpgIMG_1500.jpg

:D
Hi all im doing some research and trying to work out the best small snake to get. Ive had a stimmy....but didnt do much for me looks wise. I dont have the experience for a tree snake so that leaves me thinking I dont have many options left?
I prefer big snakes but long story short I have a neurotic mother inlaw so small it is. If only there were pigmy coastals lol

Any advice or opinions welcome. :)
Really???

9923831814_121f4b4b91_c.jpg

9923838934_9f71587f95_c.jpg

Thanks Andy....:D

Those last 2 pics are pretty! Iook alot more vibrant than the guy I had.
Something for me to think about. Thanks

I have got a male Spotty that is really social and has been to school a few time, he has not bitten anyone������ they get to just over one meter long, mine seems to

P.S don't think this will be your only snake, once you get one you start seeing more that you want������

Just to let you know Precious, Montysrainbow has had a snake before but had to give it away due to circumstances. They're so addictive its hard not to have another though, I agree!

There are some really stunning ants going around these days many of which I'd love to own!
Depending on how small you're wanting, you could look into womas. They're a gorgeous snake with so much personality!
I believe the Boodarie locale of womas are the smallest. Check out some of Yommy's animals on here. They're really quite stunning.

Best of luck Montysrainbow's, gotta have a reptile friend somewhere in your life so don't let others get in the way of it :p

Just to let you know Precious, Montysrainbow has had a snake before but had to give it away due to circumstances. They're so addictive its hard not to have another though, I agree!

There are some really stunning ants going around these days many of which I'd love to own!
Depending on how small you're wanting, you could look into womas. They're a gorgeous snake with so much personality!
I believe the Boodarie locale of womas are the smallest. Check out some of Yommy's animals on here. They're really quite stunning.

Best of luck Montysrainbow's, gotta have a reptile friend somewhere in your life so don't let others get in the way of it :p

Hi banana peel! *wave* yeah all these snakes are lovely but they aren't gorgoo lol. I think im on the rebound and rushing a bit. My 2 yr old was crying at the enclosure again today saying gorgoo where are u n I started crying. lol anyway the more I read the more im leaning towards a jungle....lol yes I know not an ant but if I shop wisely its gotta be smaller than gorgoo was heading. He wasn't even 2 yrs old and was around 5ft and chunky in the end. I know they are apparently jumpy snakes but gorgoo wasn't exactly placid. Again just a thought at this stage but meanwhile ive cleaned the enclosure out and am leaving it be while I decide. I don't think I could do a stimmy or woma because ive been so spoilt having pretty gorgoo coiled perfectly up on his log for me to see all the time! he was such a lovely display snake...very pretty for a coastal infact the guy that took him thought he had jungle in him. :) Thanks to everyone for all the advice :)

Last edited:
What about a Rough Scale Python, beautiful temperament, approx 2m long so about the same as a jungle. They tend to be not as bulky as other morelia. Checkout snake ranch they have this seasons 20/20 deal going with them listed for $220.

I must say though, Womas are awesome also.

Hi banana peel! *wave* yeah all these snakes are lovely but they aren't gorgoo lol. I think im on the rebound and rushing a bit. My 2 yr old was crying at the enclosure again today saying gorgoo where are u n I started crying. lol anyway the more I read the more im leaning towards a jungle....lol yes I know not an ant but if I shop wisely its gotta be smaller than gorgoo was heading. He wasn't even 2 yrs old and was around 5ft and chunky in the end. I know they are apparently jumpy snakes but gorgoo wasn't exactly placid. Again just a thought at this stage but meanwhile ive cleaned the enclosure out and am leaving it be while I decide. I don't think I could do a stimmy or woma because ive been so spoilt having pretty gorgoo coiled perfectly up on his log for me to see all the time! he was such a lovely display snake...very pretty for a coastal infact the guy that took him thought he had jungle in him. :) Thanks to everyone for all the advice :)

Aww :cry: thats so sweet but sad. Its so nice to see how much people really care about their pets and having them in their lives. As far as rushing it, I don't think its rushing it as long as you're prepared for the snake, plus it will give your little boy another snake to be in awe of which may take away a bit of pain looking at an empty enclosure. Just a thought.
Jungles are an absolutely gorgeous snake, yes not tiny but not a huge chunky snake either. They can be nasty and some are but they can also be very placid, nippy when young but settle down well like most other morelia.

I really feel for you, however look on the bright side and start getting excited for a somewhat new start and a new reptile buddy hopefully sometime soon!

If you're looking at womas, I would defs say go for it :) Mine has grown really quickly (30cm at 5 months when bought to 105cm at 9 months) but he's only ever bitten me once (admittedly I had a bit to drunk and wanted to try out my macro lens and shoved it in his face too soon after feeding) and has always been absolutely wonderful and wouldn't trade him for the world. Definitely go see a breeder and handle a few if they'll let you. I picked mine out of four I handled and knew straight away he was the one I wanted, even though I initially wanted a female.

Hey all ! i would like to ask something , is anyone expert at snake breeding i would like to ask 2 questions if anyone knows please send me a private message thanks!!! :lol:

Hey all ! i would like to ask something , is anyone expert at snake breeding i would like to ask 2 questions if anyone knows please send me a private message thanks!!! :lol:

Off topic? I'd suggest using the search function to see if the particular question you have has been asked before. If not, start a new thread - your question may help others :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back