Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive found one that striked n bites a yr and a halfish old. It wads originally purchased from a seller on here...I checkef out the add and dates all adds up....area too. Looks amazing But question is can I get it to calm or no chance? The little boy rang me after I sms enquired lol n pretty much said him and his brother got it but live with their mum n snakes at their dafs alone all the time. I love that it is on the smaller side of things jungle wise and at the moment its amazing to look at. I could handle a no touch or handle snake but I dont go much on being bitten while changing water etc. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Please excuse all spelling mistakes im multi tasking lol.

Well the thought crossed my mind....but the more I researched the jungles the more im thinking I wont. I thought there may be some people with more experience than myself on here that could give me a tip or 2. :)

Well the thought crossed my mind....but the more I researched the jungles the more im thinking I wont. I thought there may be some people with more experience than myself on here that could give me a tip or 2. :)
Don't mean to pry but didn't you just get rid of a snake because of your mother in law? Have things changed?

I have explained to her I will be getting another smaller python...maybe I should stick with the ants. I just miss gorgoo so much. Guess im being silly rushing into another after whats happened. But since giving hom away all I can think about is getting another. Sorry for the confusion andynic. U see my mother inlaw thinks pet snakes eat people. She has been on my case after the recent african rock python story. These jungles are smaller than coastals ?? :/

I have explained to her I will be getting another smaller python...maybe I should stick with the ants. I just miss gorgoo so much. Guess im being silly rushing into another after whats happened. But since giving hom away all I can think about is getting another. Sorry for the confusion andynic. U see my mother inlaw thinks pet snakes eat people. She has been on my case after the recent african rock python story. These jungles are smaller than coastals ?? :/
Yeah I understand now but think that you are rushing into it as no snake will replace Gorgoo. Maybe a rescue like this one will be what you need though.

Hmm im on the rebound. ...lol and im rushing. And all hell may break loose when mother inlaw discovers I have another that's longer than my arm. I will def prob pass on this one BUT my question is if a yearling is snappy n bites is that it with the jungles or do some come around?

Hmm im on the rebound. ...lol and im rushing. And all hell may break loose when mother inlaw discovers I have another that's longer than my arm. I will def prob pass on this one BUT my question is if a yearling is snappy n bites is that it with the jungles or do some come around?
Sorry can't help you with jungles as I have none but my spotted was snappy until about 2 - 2 1/2 years old and then settled.

Jungles are different. Best way to describe them. They aren't happy go lucky like other species and arn't the best handlers. A snappy yearling may come around and be handled fine but it will always be different to handle.

Guess they are all different. All the adds I read for jungles mention cage defensive and bites lol. Prob more than I can handle right now.

No another site but it seems it was advertised on here around feb. Its a stunner! The kid said they got it from paramount pythons. ..can I say that? :/ I dont want to get in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok...enuf said I am rushing in even thinking about it. I just wanted advice on this python in particular. Sorry.

Jungles are the spawn of satan and can never be handled by anyone
38328_1532477076407_5533667_n.jpg

To let strangers handle them is just begging for a lawsuit
37723_1532478796450_647764_n.jpg

Probably the most savage morelia in existence
35379_1540097706918_5575754_n.jpg

You only have to look at these photos to begin to understand that they cannot be trained
39130_1554138177921_4571914_n.jpg

This photo shows the fear and loathing that strangers have of jungles
39680_1555681496503_420727_n.jpg

They are wonderful snakes
Used them for years in displays without incident

Remember softly softly gently gently
Let it learn to trust you and it will not bite again

Last edited:
Jungles can take some handling. There are those that are very placid also.

Monty
Simply to show that stories are just stories
Each snake is different
Each responds in different ways

So yes
If you are gentle and persistent almost any snake can be tame

I have 2 Jungles they are beautiful, they are so friendly they have never tried to bite me. it just all depends on the snake, there is no point judging the whole species as a savage snake when a lot are actually puppy dogs.

we have had Shrek for a month now , given to us by a young boy who was obviously overwhelmed by its size and attitude . At the moment all we are doing is attempting to remove the layers, but I think that this snakes inquisitive nature is possibly the thing that put the fear into the boy . It goes up und almost always straight to your face -- but once it has worked out there are other bits of you to explore it moves on , and in 4weeks seems to have calmed a lot as it maybe recognises that we are not going to eat him but just peel him a little .

As we are not experts (yet :lol: ) another 50 years will maybe get us there ) its only an observation but -- the two Morelia that we have (both recues of sorts ) are way more curious than our Antaresia and aspidites

On the mother-in-law front ( I haven't read your story ) get a komodo dragon , Its only a lizard mum :shock: .Most of my in-laws will not come to our house and when they do they like to be outside . We have our BHP in the entry room so the go to the back door which is only GUARDED by dragons , but still prefer us to go outside with them

Nice Lonqi, I agree Jungles can be difficult but so can any other python, I think pamlerstons can be tricky and nervous pythons but as lonqi said gently slowly,.. I have three jungles, the oldest, an Atherton, is a big pussy cat, a two year old palmy, she is very very nervous and I have to treat her like a china doll and a proserpine yearling who is sweet as..the palmy is the only one who will tag me if I scare her at all,,,a breeze scares her :/ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back