trouble feeder

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is the snake but that was the day I got her, she's about 4 times bigger then that now.
So it has eaten a lot of times already with you? I thought you just set up your enclosure?

Yeah she has eaten but been very hesitant and has only been after she hasn't eaten for a bit. And she hasn't eaten for about 3 weeks now, but she isn't wanting to eat atm.. I'm going to try the themometer and make sure temp is right.

Yeah she has eaten but been very hesitant and has only been after she hasn't eaten for a bit. And she hasn't eaten for about 3 weeks now, but she isn't wanting to eat atm.. I'm going to try the themometer and make sure temp is right.
I only feed my hatchling to 12 month olds once a week then feed my 12 month - 2 year olds once a fortnight and everything else once a month so do not be worried about not feeding every week. I also do not feed mine from the end of april to the end of August.

Oh and no I haven't just set it up. I moved her tank 2 weeks ago so I had to reset it up but that's pretty much the same way I've had it. Always made sure there is a branch underneath her light but also one on the otherside so if she wants to be warm but jot directly under her light .

- - - Updated - - -

She didn't feed like almost all winter. Only fed just when it started warming up and hasn't fed since. So maybe it's been a bit less then 3 weeks since her last feed.

Try using egg put an egg in a bowl and wisk it up dip the mouse / rat in it and give it a shot helps sometimes with fussy feeders.

Sorry riffherper, never heard of it before so had no idea what it was and to be quite honest didn't even really read first coment properly and didn't even think about.

Just a having a friendly jab :) Didn't mean any offense.

Try using egg put an egg in a bowl and wisk it up dip the mouse / rat in it and give it a shot helps sometimes with fussy feeders.

Really? You've never mentioned that to me before... I'll give it a go. Ps where did you get your temperature gun from?

I hope you all can see the attachments. She fed about 2 hours ago after I had turned her heat light on for a few hours.
Sorry for the ****ty photos...

Attachments

• 20130930_213057.jpg
    20130930_213057.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 18
  • 20130930_220918.jpg
    20130930_220918.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back