Asian House Gecko's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, I have managed to finally drag my sorry self out of the house and have gone to Brisbane for the week and last night i finally seen the infamous Asian House Gecko for myself, lol they are funny lil buggers in definite need of some Ritalin, anyway my son is fascinated by them and wanted to know if he could take a couple of them home to Port Macquarie NSW, I could not really give him an answer on that question so i thought i might throw the question to you guys and gals who might know. I am aware they are a pest species here in QLD and from the little research i have done i have found out they have now reached northern NSW, just thought i would ask if it was legal to take them to NSW and if so would i need an export permit. :) .......................Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you'd not be able to as an invasive species plus I doubt they have a species code to process the permit.

Plenty of really kool geckos on the species to keep lists in NSW.

I'd suggest going for one of those. Thicktails are around 50 bucks no heat or lights needed easy species to start with.

They are on the NSW keepers list so you would need a permit to bring them in.Not sure your method of obtaining them would be legal from a DECC perspective either.Given that they are a proven invasive species then bringing them in would be unwise in my mind.

They are on the NSW keepers list so you would need a permit to bring them in.Not sure your method of obtaining them would be legal from a DECC perspective either.Given that they are a proven invasive species then bringing them in would be unwise in my mind.

Yep there you go species code 2104, not sure why they have a species code being an invasive animal. :/

They're actually in Port Macquarie already Ron. I sometimes work at the Waniora Shops and hear them clicking occasionally. I'm sure if you went there at night with a torch you'd pick them up on the walls. Head torch is best - look for the eye-shine.

Jamie

Thank you very much Jamie (and everyone else) well there you go i did not know they were down that far. So the ones in Port Macquarie would they be considered (wait for it lol,,,, no hate mail or death threats thanks, here we go) Intergrades he he he. i had to slip that in :) .........................Ron

Saw two of them at at a house near lighthouse beach this evening, i was also unaware they had invaded port macquarie.
Seen hundreds up the coast but first time ive seen them here :)

I caught one in my house about a year ago. I tried explaining to it that our household was mainly of european and russian descent.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back