What to do with snake when going on Holliday?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 38619

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello together,

We really enjoy our recently bought spotted python but with Christmas coming up wondering what you guys do when going on holidays . Are there any reptile "hotels" in Sydney as we are planing to be away for a month.

Thanks a lot

Steve

Get someone to give it water. That's all it needs and it will be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it!

Thanks guys even at a young age where I normally feed it once a week?

Actually would be also home in between for a few days so she would be without
Food for twice 2 weeks with a feed in between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave 2 water bowls with the snake in case it fouls one and make sure the enclosure cannot overheat as Xmas time is usually hot

i tend to give mine a big meal a day or 2 before i leave and then have a friend come and change the water every week! if im gone longer than a month ill get a friend to come over and do a clean and a feed! Or im sure there are a few keepers who would take it in for you while you are gone! But then again quarantine issue arise!

Really big feed about 5 days before you go

Gives time for it to poo and pee

Two water bowls
Preferably one with an aquarium airstone in it
Keeps water fresher longer

Just have someone change it's water and check it's heating is working correctly. A month really is nothing for even a baby snake to go without food.

Thanks a lot for the help guys....

Will do that and have someone who will come in twice a week.

One more question, if you say big feed you mean 2 pinkies instead of one fuzzy? How long would I wait between feeds? Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back